Page 14 of 703 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 14

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It is with terrible struggle each tiny Mr. Magazine Time is defeated. Primal has called his bluff. But until the last second, he kicks and screams and clings to the doorway by his fingertips, refusing to vacate his comfy, fluffy cell with its People magazines, and be consigned to the ghastly fate of having to DO something in my body besides just be toted around. I think of this when I want to eat bread. All my internal Mr. Magazine Times cheer me on to eat it, because it locks the doors of their cells and they can go back to singing Put A Ring On It in falsetto.
    Now THIS is an image for the ages. Thank you Gay Panda for introducing me to Mr. Magazine Time (who reminded me forcibly of David Brent before you even mentioned The Office) and his tiny versions in our fat cells. I'll be using this image from now on in my own pool of motivational triggers.

But they'll give up the ghost in time, and then I will be battling the batch keeping me from 189. I want a magic wand to spirit me to the 160s, and that's my impatient side yelling at those millions of Mr. Magazine Times to get the hell out, and it's not a language that he understands. He understands only what food I put in my body, not obscenities or glares or poking fingers.
    Exactly. He isn't moved by your tantrums and in fact the more emotional you are, the more he wins. He is tiny and has no power besides trickery. You can beat him though, with brains, strategy, and by multiplying billions of tiny Mr Awesome Gay Pandas in your hard-working cells.

Maybe some of you are also traveling the Slow Weight Loss Train with Gay Panda, where every loss is followed by a gain and another gain and then sort of a loss and then a gain and then a loss and then two days of exactly the same and a loss before a big gain that vanishes overnight. It's trying, but now you know your enemy. There's a little Mr. Magazine Time in all of us.
    <applause>

PS have you tried veggies sautéed in bacon grease? Not nagging, just checking.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Also, +1 on the gypsy curse.

I usually just say "SCIENCE" authoritatively. If pressed for details I tell them I've read a lot of research on the distribution of bio-available nutrients across contemporary ingestibles, plus movement patterns to build strength for optimal physical performance, and once their eyes have glazed over I offer to send them some peer-reviewed articles and other links so they can get up to speed and then we can discuss it more.

But gypsy curse is better.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachrat View Post
    I tell them I've read a lot of research on the distribution of bio-available nutrients across contemporary ingestibles, plus movement patterns to build strength for optimal physical performance, and once their eyes have glazed over I offer to send them some peer-reviewed articles and other links so they can get up to speed and then we can discuss it more.
    That is AWESOME. I am going to memorize it.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Maybe some of you are also traveling the Slow Weight Loss Train with Gay Panda, where every loss is followed by a gain and another gain and then sort of a loss and then a gain and then a loss and then two days of exactly the same and a loss before a big gain that vanishes overnight. It’s trying, but now you know your enemy. There’s a little Mr. Magazine Time in all of us.
    I am on this train too, Gay Panda. I just try to tell myself to enjoy the scenery on this slow, slow ride. It may take me a year to get to my destination of 175, but since April, I am 25 pounds closer than I was. This weekend all my little Mr. Magazine Times cried out for potato chips, and darn it, I gave in a little. Now I say "No more potato chips you bastards! I am tired of this belly, and I refuse to carry it around any more!"
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    It may take me a year to get to my destination of 175, but since April, I am 25 pounds closer than I was.
    Gay Panda is having the same internal conversation when feeling fussy about having a seat on the Slow Train. That's when I need to stop reading stories about people on the Fast Train, and remind myself that in March, I stood on the scale and saw 217 pounds of panda. Before that, I've seen 231. Now I see 191-192, and that is such a tremendous difference. It's not the Fast Train, but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Great Journal

If asked I just say I only eat proper foods now and have cut out all the junk - which covers it for most people.

I love being Primal but twitch a bit when you say that you just eat Meat and Fat as the bottom of the Primal pyramid is actually veg and fruit so maybe keeping that bit to yourself is the way ahead in the short term till you at least start eating more berries if you hate most veg.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Quote Originally Posted by Solldara View Post
    I love being Primal but twitch a bit when you say that you just eat Meat and Fat as the bottom of the Primal pyramid is actually veg and fruit so maybe keeping that bit to yourself is the way ahead in the short term till you at least start eating more berries if you hate most veg.
    It was tongue-in-cheek. I'm eating raspberries as I type this and had a DRS (Deeply Resented Salad) yesterday for dinner. When my friends, blood enemies, Bill and his cousin Shifty start asking, I'm going to go with "meat, veggies, and fruit" as my answer. I just wish that answer would satisfy my bread-pushing friend who actually just sent me a TEXT PICTURE of the fresh bread I'm turning down. Vile friend! Vile!

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Gay Panda;565745] DRS (Deeply Resented Salad) ok...new fav expression..even if I love salads..love this more!

I wish that I could enjoy DLS (Deeply Loved Salads) like you, anjelevil. I can swallow the lettuce. I have no abiding hatred of cucumber, or the occasional carrot. Sometimes I hold my breath and swallow a bit of broccoli, but usually I just pretend it's a decoration in the bowl. Last week I ate some cabbage on accident in my restaurant salad. It was a drive-by vegging, hiding under an innocuous leaf of arugula.

If this friend sends me ONE MORE PICTURE of her fresh, fresh bread, artfully laid out on a mustard-yellow hand towel against a backdrop of blue counter, Gay Panda is going to get testy.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    If this friend sends me ONE MORE PICTURE of her fresh, fresh bread, artfully laid out on a mustard-yellow hand towel against a backdrop of blue counter, Gay Panda is going to get testy.
    This is just evil. Perhaps it's time to send them photos of bacon.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html