Page 138 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 138

DJY
    DJY is offline Junior Member
    What do I win for guessing Vista correctly in Round One? Wasn't there mention of Panda pins several hundred posts ago?

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't it a Panda Keychain? You and naiadknight both earned them.

I received my sample copy of the cover yesterday evening, and am pleased to report that the artist did NOT place Beavis and Butthead in the cornfield!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Wasn't it a Panda Keychain? You and naiadknight both earned them.

I received my sample copy of the cover yesterday evening, and am pleased to report that the artist did NOT place Beavis and Butthead in the cornfield!
    Huzzah! Panda keychain! Huzzah! not fucked up book covers! Huzzah! Huzzah!

(maybe it's time to lay off on the coffeecoffeecoffee... nah...)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by newlifejourney View Post
    I have been lurking on here to read your journal everyday, I just haven't been signing in or posting anything, but I thought today was a day to do so. I am really saddened to hear of primal coach kitty passing away. I know you will miss her company.

ps, you have been doing so well...you are on the verge of breaking into the 170's! Such incredible progress
    Thanks, newlifejourney! I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you around. How is school going?

I would be even closer to breaking into the 170s if I hadn't fallen into The Burrito of Sadness after the kitty died.

MarieGray is offline Member
    @MarieGray - you win. You just win. I don't know what you win, but you won it. She's a baker with poo in her pocket.

I know right? I have to tell you....I sat my husband and the one kid that was home down at the dinner table last night and read them some of your funniest posts...and you had them in stitches..so now they are coming up with creative names for our neighbors (who remind me of yours) we have some ppl from the bronx on one side who call their 4 year old daughter and 9 year old downs syndrome son crackhead and zipperhead or little f**kers, depends on the day....we have the lady with poo in her pocket...and the irish guy on the other side...who is angry all the time...I think he needs to drink more whiskey like any good irishmen. Anyway.....the best thing about our poo pocket lady, is that she wears these HOT HOT HOT leggings, and giant fur coats, and one of her dogs, wears a diaper sometimes, and because of it, his bum is stained red. ??????????????????? You can't make this stuff up.....

DJY
    DJY is offline Junior Member
    oooo a Panda key chain. Most excellent!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    What a revelation that was to me! In college, upon being asked why I was depressed, I would have given the answer A below, when the truth was B and I didn’t fully understand the connection.

A: I am depressed because I am depressed. (It’s like the reflexive property of a=a, the one that we all got right on our Elementary Algebra exams.)

B: I am depressed because the Perpetually Arguing Panda Parents have devolved into War with the cubs strung out between them. Our family Titanic has hit the iceberg, and we’re going down. I am depressed because Mother Panda is pushing me hard at a major for which I have little aptitude and zero interest. I can’t bear to disappoint her. I am depressed because I’ve realized that I’m gay, and at night, I slink out of bed and walk to my church, and stand in the dark courtyard before those closed doors and cry, begging God to make me straight. I do not know if the sin of suicide is greater than the sin of being a homo, and I am repulsed to be in my own skin.

Of course these triggers led to depression! But that would have been news to me at the time. I thought that I just had a chemical imbalance.
    Sad face......This made me very sad, and also aware of times when I have been judgemental--I thank you for that reminder!

OLD post, but I am reading all of them again while I am at work hehehhe

Mysterious Gay Panda you like to be......
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Red face

Thanks, newlifejourney! I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you around. How is school going?

I would be even closer to breaking into the 170s if I hadn't fallen into The Burrito of Sadness after the kitty died.
    I have been around, but just to read. I was feeling stressed for awhile and needed to figure things out so spent some time doing that. I ended up making some big changes, such as the end of a relationship and deciding not to go back to school when classes started again in January. Neither was what I wanted anymore. Soooo now I am working a full time and a part time job, both of which I really enjoy because I work with great people. For now I am just going to save up some money and take life a little less seriously. I will go back to school when I am completely sure what I want to do.

The Burrito of Sadness is totally understandable...you are grieving your loss. I make no sense though. About a week and a half ago, I hit a new low weight wise since I started primal/paleo, life is good and I am happy. Great time to celebrate and fall off the wagon...after all, I deserve it, right? I have spent the last week feeling and looking like hell. I have had so much water retention I literally ripple....my face was so bloated and my eyelids were so swollen I couldn't see as well. Almost 9 pounds up from one glutenized item. It is slowly going down now and my face isn't so disturbing to look at. Lesson learned. (hopefully learned anyhow)

Quote Originally Posted by Redflame View Post
    Sad face......This made me very sad, and also aware of times when I have been judgemental--I thank you for that reminder!

Mysterious Gay Panda you like to be......
    Don't circle sad faces! College was miserable, but it was a long time ago. And without it, I never would have met such a delightful coworker in Roger. And without that, YOU would never have known about his underwear system or his Sock of Grime and Terror.

Mysterious? I like that description, but today's activities honestly included nothing more than editing my series, reveling in the lack of Beavis and Butthead on my book cover, and running around the road in my jammies with a broom trying to catch that stupid chicken.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    running around the road in my jammies with a broom trying to catch that stupid chicken.
    This was a most excellent adventure!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy