Page 131 of 699 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 6989

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 131

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    when it's time to go, it's time to go. I wish I knew someone would do that for me when if I'm sick and fading.
    +1

This is the best, last gift we can give them.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Wow you've hit the big time now Panda!

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Holy fuck, how'd I miss your joural?! Sci fi, Valhalla references, aminals... Rest assured, I WILL be back to stalk your journal.
    I'm hoping PC Kitty can pick up on the good vibes we are sending her way.

In other news, I saw this today and thought of you

McSweeney’s Internet Tendency: The Rejection of Anne Frank.

Publisher Jerks.
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    ZOMG, hockeyfan7 and NOMnomNOM - you guys are awesome!! I have downloaded the Kindle app on my 'putey and am already the proud owner of (free!) e-books! Woohoo!! Panda, I am ready and waiting for your tome!! Sweet Valhalla, there are a lot of exclamation marks in this post!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Thank you for your words about Primal Coach Kitty. She is such a mess that I may have to put her down. We think that she might have had a small stroke (she has poor depth perception from growing up in cage and made a mighty leap into a table headfirst last week) and her little body just will not work. Her personality seems almost erased, all except for a purr when I hold her. There has not been the slightest meow today or yesterday, or begging for bacon. She doesn't appear to be in pain except when she flumps to the floor, but she just seems to be gone.
    Panda, I am so sorry about Kitty. It's good that she doesn't seem to be in much pain. I think you will know when the time is right, even if it's really, really hard to do. When they are not themselves anymore, and you're just keeping them alive because it's so hard to let go ... ah, you'll know. Extending life just for the sake of them being alive, instead of *ALIVE* ... well, at least we have a choice (unlike with human beings - don't get me started).

I remember the last time I saw my kitty at the vet's (this was years ago now) and she didn't even recognise me, didn't react at all - that wasn't her any more. I could have spent lots of money keeping her alive, injecting her every day (she had diabetes/kidney failure **shakes fist at cereal-based cat-food manufacturers**), to keep her going a little longer, but she was an old lady who'd been through a lot already and deserved some dignity. I waited overnight before I had The Phone Call with the vet, and then I went and hid in my boss's office and cried and cried and cried, and came home and told my sister and cried and cried and cried, and cleaned out Kitty's bedroom (aka the laundry) and cried and cried and cried. But it was the right thing.

Shit, now I'm crying again. Wishing a miracle for PCK. Hugs to you.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, everybody. I agree. If this is going to be her quality of life, then it is cruel for me to keep her going. One of my college professors for whom I house-sat allowed the family dog to live with a terrible medical condition for years because she believed it would be too hard on her preteen children to put their pet down. But what about the dog? I've never forgotten that poor, thin, miserable creature shaking and flopping and banging its head on the concrete.

If she can't get some control back with her legs in the next few days, I don't see any other choice. I've put pillows and towels on the floor for her to crumple upon when she jumps off chairs, but I'm afraid these ungainly dismounts will end in her breaking something anyway. My vet does house calls so I will not have to upset her for one final ride in the car, and she can die at home on my lap if it comes to that.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    my heart is breaking for you Panda. I went thru this a year ago in October with my beloved Chocolate Lab "Maggie". She was my constant companion for 15 years. She went everywhere with us...she was my 4 legged child & an angel of a pet. We started noticing little things months before...& then one weekend it was like her body had had enough. She went down so quick. Hubby had to carry her in & out of the house to do her business. The vet said she was in congestive heart failure & he could give her a shot for her arthritis, but I couldn't do that to her & I couldn't stand to see her face staring back at me asking why I am like this. So while we were at the vet we made the decision...it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I feel my greatest act of love for her. She died in my arms with my face buried in her neck & I cried & cried. Hell the whole office was crying...I cried for a week...& still have my moments where I grieve for her cause I miss her so much. Hell...I'm crying now...for her & Kitty. You'll know when the time is right & we will all grieve with you!

{{{{{cyber hugs}}}}}

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Panda, I'm so sorry to hear about PC Kitty. Whatever decision you come to, remember that she loved you right until the end, and you couldn't have done any more for her.
    I lost 5 pets in the last 2 years, and every time I did I had a month of depression and self hate because I had convinced myself that it was my fault, that I could have done something. Maybe if I had urged the vets for an xray of my lurcher's legs when she started limping slightly after long walks instead of just chalking it down to old age, they would have spotted the bone cancer. If I hadn't have put my baby snake downstairs, my brother wouldn't have gotten to her and left the lid open so she'd escape, never to be found. If I had stayed home after Pippin had a stroke instead of going camping for the night, he might have drawn strength from me being with him and pulled through. If I had taken Pickle to the vets straight away instead of assuming he'd go as quickly as Pippin, the vets could have given him some antibiotics. Luckily I know nothing could have been done for my young rabbit Lilli, as she was dead in my arms 20 seconds after finding her looking ill. I will never forget the scream she made, but I will also remember that she was gone before mum could walk 5 steps to get to the phone.
    My point is, when you have to say goodbye, it's harder to accept when there is no blame, so it's easy to blame yourself. PC Kitty has been loved by you for her entire life. If you make the decision to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge, she'll be happy, free of Benign Poltergeist and frolicking through forests of Bacon Trees, and she will wait patiently for the day you join her.

All the same, I really really reaaally hope she pulls through. I'm in tears thinking about how she must be right now. How you must feel as well, Panda. There's nothing more heartbreaking than watching a furry friend's life quality degrade so dramatically. My heart truly goes out to you. <3
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Dig62 is offline Member
    I don't think our animal companions should be treated with any less dignity, respect and compassion than we would treat our closest family members or significant others. When it's their time to go, you and they both know it and the most compassionate choice is oftentimes the one with the least amount of suffering. My dad had to put down our Collie after she was struck by a car and paralyzed. It traumatized us kids at the time but looking back I know that he made the most humane choice. Now that I think of it perhaps some of the trauma was the way he did it, with a pillowcase and a shotgun, but nonetheless that's the way things were done back then in my neck of the woods. He was a good shot though, and got it on the first try.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    this is a test of my new signature system.

Lady Friend is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yay! It works!