Page 13 of 699 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 13

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailLyn View Post
    I am going through a similar breakup with my obsession with sugary things. I almost don't want to stop eating them so that I don't ever lose the taste
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I haven't had pizza since March and I've been planning to get it for my birthday. I've been nuts about good pizza all my life. Will I find out that that has changed too? The new disinterest to curly fries seriously floored me.

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    You'll always have Mystery Science Theater. I spend a lot of time trying to decide if I love Tom Servo or Crooow more.
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

I loved them both equally for tearing down the movie Eegah. I cried with laughter through that one.

KatyNC is offline Senior Member
    I decided to get one last small bottle of Midnight Dark Chocolate Whole Milk before I start the upcoming challenge. I hadn't had it in about two months and it was my absolute favorite. I opened the bottle and took a sip. Just.not.the.same. It lost it's deliciousness. I am sad but happy about this.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    If pizza doesn't do it for you anymore Panda, You can always make a primal pizza with an omlette as the base =D That's what I do, and I swear it tastes even better than pizza did!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

MaLink is offline Member
    I just finished my 30 day challenge and decided that I was going to allow myself to eat what I missed most: Chips and salsa! Well, the salsa was good but my favorite chips only offered the benefit of being crunchy. Where was the flavor? I don't know where it went.
    Doing the Primal 30 Day Challenge since August 8th, 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    LitheGrokkette, if you find that you don't care for Tepper, you can always try out Terry Pratchett. His book "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents" was very funny.
    It has to be with a title like that! I'll put it on my TBR list. Thanks.

“How did you lose weight?” People are starting to notice that Gay Panda is less engorged, and it’s just a matter of time before someone asks. I don’t know what to answer. Most people approach weight loss with very fixed opinions. Moderation in all things! Cut calories! No red meat! Switch to whole grains! Telling them what I’ve done to be successful will counter every dictum that they hold.

FRIEND/BLOOD ENEMY: So, how did you lose weight?
    GAY PANDA: I eat nothing but protein and fat.
    FRIEND/BLOOD ENEMY: . . . you . . . what? That isn’t healthy! What about your arteries? Your brain can’t live without carbs! Bill? BILL! GAY PANDA IS EATING NOTHING BUT PROTEIN AND FAT TO LOSE WEIGHT! SAY SOMETHING.
    BILL: My cousin Shifty gave himself a heart attack doing that Atkins thing. And his kidneys exploded when they were passing out the hymnals in church service.
    GAY PANDA: Oh, I’m exaggerating. I eat some vegetables and fruit, and I have walnuts here and there. But mostly I just eat a lot of meat every day, and it makes me thinner.
    FRIEND/BLOOD ENEMY: Are you CRAZY?
    BILL: I thought someone had dropped a book, but it was his kidneys exploding. They were all over the pew. He had to get a donor kidney and now he likes pistachio ice cream, which he never did before. It must be something that the person who donated the kidney liked.
    FRIEND/BLOOD ENEMY: But so little fiber! How . . . how do you . . . stay regular?!
    GAY PANDA: Wow, that’s personal. My indoor plumbing is fine. Let’s leave it there.
    BILL: And then Shifty picked up and moved to Utah for no reason.
    GAY PANDA: Lady Friend has an ACL replacement from a cadaver. Maybe that’s why she likes to look at cemeteries. It’s her ACL wanting to go home.

Saying that I stopped eating refined grains and sugar is ambiguous enough to please; saying that I eat very little but meat will horrify. Both are the truth, so my answer will depend on the specific person and my mood. But the more honest and detailed they press me to become, the more that many will think I’ve jumped on a fad diet and be desperate to educate me so that my kidneys do not explode.

Or I can dodge the whole issue by saying that I have a gypsy curse. They’re going around, gypsy curses. And I will nod solemnly and ruefully, because what are you going to do about those, and then change the subject to Lady Friend’s zombie knee.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Gypsy curse all the way! I go with the refined grains and sugar approach. Saying you have increased your protein intake (I often include "it helps with my depression") is sometimes acceptable along with those anecdotes too. I hate the assumption that a fad diet is not a legitimate diet.

Or just "meat & veggies". Because seriously, what's wrong with that? You don't have to tell them how much
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Or just "meat & veggies".
    Too bad almost everyone knows how Gay Panda feels about veggies. Sigh, a friend just asked if I still have that wacky diet going on because she wants to give me fresh bread. I have tried and tried to explain that I must be very, very sparing with my carbs (50-100 grams a day works for a lot of people, but not for this panda) and that I can't stand weighing this much and grain products keep me from losing it. She agrees, says moderation in all things, and would I like some bread?

GYPSY CURSE.