Page 101 of 703 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 101

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    What a nice spammer today! I swear they are actually sentient and make posts according to our annoyances and moods.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    UPDATE: (in explanation of * and **)

* This makes Lady Friend crazy, because she is happy with the approximate and Gay Panda worships the exact. What difference does .4 make? IT MAKES EXACTLY POINT FOUR DIFFERENCE.

** Yet ironically here I am, braying it out on the Internet for all of you to read.

Round Two of High Fat

Monday: 185.2
    Tuesday: 184.4
    Wednesday: 183.4
    Thursday: 183.2

I know that it's hardly a difference, but I was still happy. High Fat continues to be a World Of Nasty for this super-tasting, texture-averse panda. I achieved 68-69% fat (BLEH!) of 1200 calories. On a side note, I also won a duel with Bellatrix Lestrange last night, and today I will be sitting in office chairs to find one that is better for my back than a recliner. Why am I telling you this? BECAUSE YOU CARE.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    WE DO CARE!

I pulled out my spiffy new Colorado license when I read your story. Mine also states 190. I have been in the 190s since I've moved here (though not currently) but I haven't been 190. There are a lot of things I aganize over how honest I should be (usually it's not totally) but that isn't one of them. After all, I am going to have that ID for so long that at some point it's bound to be accurate, right? I agree, though- Q should be an acceptable answer. Particularly for women. And because it will entertain the otherwise very bored DMV staff.

Yay on the 0.2 decrease for today!

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Dear Panda,

Perhaps you might like to try a stand up work station, rather than a new office chair? Our Mr Sisson highly recommends them: Standing at Work | Mark's Daily Apple

I half-assed together a standing work station in mid-August, just to see if I would like it or not. I haven't gone back! I wrote about it here: Hi There. Remember me? | The pHreebase page

In the beginning I felt a mild discomfort in my heels, and strangely enough in my rib cage - I guess that's because standing engages more of the core?

To be honest I originally thought that stacking timber up like this would be another fad type thing and would last only as long as a CW diet ever has. I was wrong - it is like the PB, once you get adjusted to it, it is great!

Hmm sorry I re-read your post again - are you saying that you are looking to use an office chair for eg watching netflix instead of in a recliner? I originally read it as you are currently using a recliner at your computer and are looking to change to an office chair. I'm a mixed up muddle of phreebie right now. Never mind, you'll love the stand up work station if you give it a try.

Do I sound like some kind of pushy zealot? I hope not. Then again maybe I could make my millions by evangelizing on tv about stand up work stations and get people from across the nation to post me cheques and money orders...

Alas that dream didn't last long as when I checked the TV guide I see that someone else has already beaten me to that niche. On Friday nights there is already an hour long stand up show.

In other news we don't have one's weight on the Driver licence. We only have:
    Two photos - god I look fat in the face
    Names - Last & given
    DOB
    Date you passed your test - oooh I feel old now
    Date renewal is due
    Whether or not you are an organ donor
    Licence number & card version number
    Signature
    Address (optional)
    Signature
    classes of licence held.

Privacy advocates got the requirement for the address on the licence to be made optional. Theory being that if, for example, a handbag was stolen, the thief now has your keys, and knows where you live.

Oh dear, I have prattled on for far too long on your journal. Sorry about that. Now I feel like Grandpa Simpson
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Mine also states 190. I have been in the 190s since I've moved here (though not currently) but I haven't been 190. There are a lot of things I aganize over how honest I should be (usually it's not totally) but that isn't one of them. After all, I am going to have that ID for so long that at some point it's bound to be accurate, right? I agree, though- Q should be an acceptable answer. Particularly for women. And because it will entertain the otherwise very bored DMV staff.

Yay on the 0.2 decrease for today!
    That line cracked me up. And thank you! I hope that my loss is actually a result of High Fat and not just a coincidence. So much of this is out of our control, and I would be thrilled to know that High Fat was what made a difference, something I CAN control. Even if it's nasty.

phreebie, you are NOTHING like Grandpa Simpson!

The reason I didn't consider a stand-up work station is because of two very sexy conditions: scoliosis and spinal arthritis. I can't stand for long periods of time without pain. So I sit in a recliner during the day (both to write and watch movies) and this throws my back further out of whack. Definitely time for a nice chair at a table. I sat in a variety of Ergonomic Wonder Chairs today and brought one home for a week on loan to try out.

Where am I writing this, you wonder? In my recliner. I'll try the Wonder Chair this evening.

Dear ogjk941uty,

You must stop! I can only giggle so much before my sides begin to ache. Duckie, this is not the place! You see, Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS is about nutrition and poundage, cooking and sneezing fetishes. It is not for your sweet nothings, your double entendres and sly innuendos. We're going to make people uncomfortable. Gay Panda is many things, such as A: gay; B: overweight; C: saving the Lego World; D: vaguely hungry; and E: needing to try out the Wonder Chair; but one thing Gay Panda is not, and that is an exhibitionist.

So go away. No, you go away first. And then I'll go away. Meet me outside by the chicken coop and we'll continue this there, because there is nowhere more romantic for a clandestine rendezvous than in the dark, in the drizzle, with clucking chickens beside us.

No, YOU go away!

Love,
    Gay Panda

Paleobird Guest
    ogjk941uty ! You two timing rat bastard! I thought you were my personal spammer but now I catch you sneaking out to the chicken coop with every Panda that shakes a cute tail at you.

You have been reported via the Triangle of Death.

Dear ogjk941uty,

After our magical night, how CRUEL to wake up and discover that Paleobird banished you from my journal! I miss you, my love.

No Death Triangle can keep us apart. Today Gay Panda will strap on shining armor and pick up a broadsword, and come in quest of you. My lovely troll-in-distress, do not fear! Gay Panda knows exactly how to deal with dragons and sorcerers and Paleobird. Hold fast, my sweet, hold true. I leave at sunrise*.

Love,
    Gay Panda