Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artificial Sweeteners page 2

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    1 or 2 SF jellos 5 or 6 nights a week is a pretty significant amount. I would try to get off the fake stuff as much as possible.
    sometimes I eat the good stuff, sometimes I eat the bad stuff. Sometimes I mix it up. LOL!

I totally agree! I am slowly weaning. making big changes over night does not work for me. One day I will be in a space where I do not eat the Jello-- ever!

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionfitness View Post
    Does the honey not have too much sugar? I don't eat honey daily/weekly b/c of all the sugar. I may have it every blue moon. I try to keep my sugars for the entire day under 25 grams. I track my food every day at my fitness pal.
    Very, very little honey, merely the smallest dizzle -- like less than 1/2 teaspoon.

It's very, very good without thehoney too.

CandylandCanary is offline Senior Member
    People tend to have individual reactions to sweeteners. But here's my observation (just of me, but it's something.)

Sugar free jello= aspartame, right? I find aspartame to be bad news. And there's waaaay better alternatives. Consider dumping this one.

Dunno about the dressings or spreads, but it's usually easier to just make your own. Then you can choose exactly what goes into it. Commercial spreads and dressings are usually full of cornstarch, sugar, HFCS, etc. Yuck. They're easy to make with a blender, too.

Not sure about the protein shake. I think most of them use sucralose? Its not as bad as aspartame by a long shot. It's not great either.

I think the best options are:
    -stevia. My fave. But some people don't like the aftertaste.
    -xylitol. It's more delicate in flavor, and you can cook with it. Give it a try.
    -small amounts of honey. This is technically a whole food. Some people prefer it.

Sucralose (splenda) won't kill you, I have some sometimes, but it's inferior to the options above.

But you kind of have to try these out and see how you react, and then choose the best one for you.

Nothing 'once in a blue moon' is going to cause much significant damage anyway.
    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Quote Originally Posted by CandylandCanary View Post
    People tend to have individual reactions to sweeteners. But here's my observation (just of me, but it's something.)

Sugar free jello= aspartame, right? I find aspartame to be bad news. And there's waaaay better alternatives. Consider dumping this one.

Dunno about the dressings or spreads, but it's usually easier to just make your own. Then you can choose exactly what goes into it. Commercial spreads and dressings are usually full of cornstarch, sugar, HFCS, etc. Yuck. They're easy to make with a blender, too.

Not sure about the protein shake. I think most of them use sucralose? Its not as bad as aspartame by a long shot. It's not great either.

I think the best options are:
    -stevia. My fave. But some people don't like the aftertaste.
    -xylitol. It's more delicate in flavor, and you can cook with it. Give it a try.
    -small amounts of honey. This is technically a whole food. Some people prefer it.

Sucralose (splenda) won't kill you, I have some sometimes, but it's inferior to the options above.

But you kind of have to try these out and see how you react, and then choose the best one for you.

Nothing 'once in a blue moon' is going to cause much significant damage anyway.
    I do use stevia and really like it, sometimes I put that in my yogurt. sometimes I do eat the yogurt plain as well, it depends on what I am hungry for

I have a blend tek blender and make all kinds of dressings and stuff but sometimes I use the bottled stuff.

Thanks for your response!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    If you are trying to lose weight, whey might not be your friend. It spikes people's insulin big time.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    If you are trying to lose weight, whey might not be your friend. It spikes people's insulin big time.
    Do you know if Egg protein powders do the same?
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post

Ok, interesting. I will look into that and maybe lay off of the whey for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

What do you think about having a serving on 90% dark chocolate after dinner? Would 6 nights a week be too much? Im trying to find something that I can have consistently after dinner. It doesn't take much of something sweet to satisfy, but I like knowing I can have SOMETHING

Maybe I need to just get over it. LOL! Maybe I don't.

One serving has about 11 grams of fat, 5 sugars and 10 carbs or something like that...

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Sweet 'n Low ftw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast