Thread: Smoked Oysters and Other Addictions page

Blackbird is offline Senior Member

Smoked Oysters and Other Addictions

Primal Fuel
    Last week I suddenly had an urge for smoked oysters. Since then, I have been eating them scrambled in duck eggs and straight from the tin. One site said a lack of zinc could be the reason.
    Fortunately, Trader Joe's has them canned in olive oil, but now it's so bad I'm thinking of buying a whole case from Amazon.
    Anyone else get strange cravings for specific foods? Were you able to match it up with something you needed more of, like a certain vitamin/mineral?
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I do get cravings like that. But if I bought a whole case, no doubt the craving would cease and I'd be stuck with the case. However a case of oysters would be good to have on hand.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I love Smoked Oysters... I eat at least 3tins/week... scrambling w/eggs in the am sounds fab...going to try that maybe on friday...

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    wow, do they taste better than regular oysters? I have been craving smoked salmon since I've been doing PB. No idea why, thankfully there is plenty of wild caught smoked salmon at WF.
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Think oysters with the smoky goodness of bacon.
    I tried raw oysters--it didn't click for me.

The panfried oysters in pecan crust was another story altogether.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"