Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strict Vegetarian to Raging Carnivore- Rawr! page

seashells is offline Senior Member

Strict Vegetarian to Raging Carnivore- Rawr!

I'm feeling pretty jazzed about this way of eating so I'll jump in with both feet. I'm only on the computer at work, though, and check it intermittently.

The first five years of vegetarianism were how I felt now. Really happy and full of energy. Lost weight, felt great. Then I got divorced, really skinny, and when I started putting weight back on, still veggie, it just kept coming. Exercise wasn't helping. I never ate fast food- I was a whole foods vegetarian. I ate low-fat. Didn't matter. Weight kept coming on.

At 192 I started re-evaluating what I was doing and started looking at the vegetarian's nightmare: Atkins. It helped. I got to 185 but induction was too tough. I tried homeopathic HCG and lost 20 more pounds. Then when I got off HCG just a short week ago I went full paleo. I read Gary Taubes books and Robb Wolf and now I'm reading Mark's. I do add a bit of full fat dairy but mostly paleo. I've lost another seven pounds. This morning I was at 157 and my attitude and energy levels are just soaring.

So here I am getting digging deeper. My goal is to reach 135 and be more toned than I was when I was a First Five Years Vegetarian.

Breakfast: coffee with heavy cream; full fat Fage (I was in a rush- need to boil some eggs)
    Snack: a couple of Tanka Bites
    Lunch: whole tomato (eaten like an apple); tuna fish with mayonnaise (soybean oil- when I run out I'll get olive oil version)
    Tonight I'm making Everyday Paleo's Rockin' Moroccan Chicken. I'll probably have a handful of nuts when I get off work.

Breakfast: eggs scrambled in coconut oil, a piece of buffalo jerky, 1/2 c coconut milk
    Lunch: Leftover moroccan chicken from last night with a couple of slices of tomatoes
    snack: blueberries and almonds brought to work
    Dinner: I dunno. I forgot to thaw anything. I'm cooking salmon cakes with ginger sauce for friends tomorrow night so when I pick up those groceries I'll get a couple of red meat slabs to throw on the grill tonight.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck.

Thanks. My husband and I had a little discussion about saturated fat this morning. I commented on how the coconut milk had kind of a waxy undertaste. He said he guessed that's why it wasn't as popular a drink as other beverages but I countered with how I thought people were freaked out by saturated fat. He was like, oh, if it's high in s.f. that explains it- you know that's not good for your heart. So there we went, him defending the agricultural revolution and me defending the cavemen. I've read a lot, but I don't recycle well- sad primal blueprint. It has a poor advocate in me. I'll keep working on it.

quidam is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome!

Just a quick comment on the mayonnaise: you may want to try making your own once you run out instead of buying the pre-made. All the brands that I'm aware of still have sugar, corn starch, and random unnecessary stuff in them even thought they use olive oil. It is really super easy to make your own!

thanks I will. Or use something else for tuna lubricant.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    So here I am getting digging deeper. My goal is to reach 135 and be more toned than I was when I was a First Five Years Vegetarian.
    Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I will never tire of that link, ever. I send it to any girl that ever says the word 'tone' or talks about being afraid of lifting weights.

That's a great link. This girl is not afraid of lifting weights. I had a trainer who really worked me and taught me a lot.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    This girl is not afraid of lifting weights.
    I certainly don't disagree with that statement, but I think I would characterize it as she's not afraid of her genetic potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast