Thread: PBF Levels page

cmpitre is offline Member

PBF Levels

Hi,

After see sawing back and forth with weight training I have decided I would really like to start taking the bodyweight resistance training seriously as outlined in the PBF.

I am starting on level 4 for the body weight exercises and wanted to know if any of you have gotten to level 8 of those exercises, if so how long did it take to get there. I know all of our bodies are different but I just want to get a general feel for how other primal people are progressing.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I've only recently started with the program and I'm all over the map for levels.

Did you perform the self-assessment?
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

cmpitre is offline Member
    I did the self assessment and I pretty much am on level 3 and level 4 for the exercises. I was just wondering how far others have progressed.

I am currently looking at this simplefit.org
    It definitely fits into the primal scheme. The most time you will spend is 20 to 30 mins 3 times a week working out (LHT).
    It seems pretty intense. I will start today.

GaretJax is offline Junior Member
    I follow the Simplefit program. Read about it last August from a post by Cheapo. I was impressed with the gains he achieved using this program, so I decided to give it a try. I was terribly out of shape and when i began the program I couldn't even do a pull-up. In fact I couldn't even pull myself up a centimeter. So, I substituted lat pull downs using elastic bands. I would do 3 pull downs for each pull-up I was supposed to do. After close to a year of doing Simplefit, I am now on level 6 of the beginners program. I just did 22 sets of day one level six yesterday and can do about 15 slow proper form pull-ups in a row now. Very satisfied with the Simplefit program and recommend it highly. I also recently started mixing in Shovelglove exercises during my Simplefit off days. Really enjoy this program as well. Helps to keep working out interesting.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    im starting simplefit as well. i REALLY like what the PBF has to offer but for me i need a little more structure, which again for me, simplefit seems to offer. i like the timed aspect of it. With PBF i kept finding myself slacking off and not doing as many reps as i should have because i was tired or whatever and for me it seemed harder to track. with simplefit i will always have to go against the clock either as a timer or a stopwatch
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing PBF for 10 months. Female, 48.

Progress definitely varies!

I'm at:
    Pushups - Level 7
    Pullups - Level 4
    Squats - Level 7
    Overhead Press - Level 5
    Planks - Level 8

Pseudomotive is offline Junior Member
    I'm a month and 1 week in and I started mostly on level 4's, (except overhead press - that was level 3 because I was strict with the self-assessment).

I'm now at:
    pushups - level 4 (although I've hit the goal of 50+50 a few times now)
    pullups - level 5 (again, I've hit the goal of 12+12 twice now)
    squats - level 5 - first time on 5 today.
    overhead press - level 5 - first time on 5 today
    plank - level 5

I defintely get my ass kicked in a new way with the PB Lift Heavy Things routine. I've never had such a functional and complete workout until failure before.