Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Problems :( page

wehey is offline Member

Health Problems :(

Primal Fuel
    Hiya all, I am hoping someone here can help!

A little background on me: Was veggie for 20 years and have been eating a pretty strict Primal diet for 3 months now.
    Approx 6 weeks ago i noticed i was beginning to feel weak, tired, confused, rapid hear rate, dizzy, anxious. I thought at first it might be an allergy as it seemed to occur after eating, so i tried cutting out various foods but no difference.

2 weeks ago i was having to take too many days off work and it was getting so bad that i went to the doctors. She has taken some bloods and i has come back with slightly elevated liver enzymes. Another blood test has been done, of which i am waiting for the results.

I haven't exercised for weeks thro feeling so ill. Last night i decided "f**k it, im going for a walk".....i walked for half an hour and when i got home i felt like i had run a marathon. My muscles ached and i had a hunger that i just couldn't satisfy. I ate and ate and went to bed feeling full, but still weak.
    I woke this morning feeling like i hadnt eaten for a month. I am dazed and confused, as if drunk. I have made another appointment to see the doctor today.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on here??
    Thanks in advance

peril is offline Senior Member
    One can eat primal and get it very wrong. Give a representative day's diet. I'm guessing you're eating too little of one or more things
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Wehey, I think you will need to wait for the results of your tests, unfortunately. Something definitely is not right, so don't push your body. Good luck and keep us posted.

An excellent supplement for the liver is milk thistle.
    Last edited by Adrianag; 08-31-2011 at 04:05 AM.

dado Guest
    Maybe have a heavy carb day and eat it all the good things.

wehey is offline Member
    Hi again, thanks for all the advice so far.

I have just got back from the doctors and the good news is that my bloods are all fine.
    Now to the bad news..... I have been diagnosed with ME (chronic fatigue syndrome)......which tbh has just turned my world upside down
    I'm not sure where to go from here............any advice would be great

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Wow. My sympathies.
    The only advice I can offer is to keep eating like you know will support the optimal health you can achieve. Eat healthy meats. Make sure to take vitamin supplementation. Experiment with yourself to see how much carbs vs protein vs fat makes you feel your best.
    This is going to be a much harder road for you than for many. Good luck!

wehey is offline Member
    Thanks for the advice. I want to keep eating primal as it made me feel good and had almost completely cured me of the effects of years of grain eating. I think your right in that i will have to get the carbs right as low carbs seem to leave me tired.
    The biggest bummer for me is that i was a really active person enjoying windsurfing, surfing, and had recently put on a nice amount of muscle and was close to the 6pack i had always dreamed of. All on hold for now tho

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I'd also suggest this supplement. It is highly rated for helping those with CFS.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

wehey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    I'd also suggest this supplement. It is highly rated for helping those with CFS.
    Hi JKC,
    what is the supplement you suggest??
    Thanks again

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Duh - sorry - forgot to post the link : Enzymatic Therapy, Inc. - Daily Energy
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast