Thread: Buttermilk? page

tabor is offline Junior Member

Buttermilk?

Primal Fuel
    We had a 1/4 gallon of cream that was going to waste so I threw it in the blender and made butter. Now i have over a cup of buttermilk with no idea what to do with it. What do you put buttermilk in if you don't eat bread or salad dressing???

kiss is offline Senior Member
    You could make cheese, ice cream or use it to marinate chicken. Those were a few ideas I got after a quick google for buttermilk uses.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    It really does work great for marinading chicken! I marinated some breast in butttermilk and hot sauce, coated it in tapioca starch, and panfried it in lard. Tender, tasty, YUMM!

Madhu is offline Junior Member
    If you haven't tried Indian buttermilk, you should. Its made from sharper yoghurt(preferably homemade). Dilute and churn to get the fats out of yoghurt and the rest is butter milk, salt it, spice it and drink away. I don't know anything that's more refreshing in the summer. It has sour and savoury flavor due to the yoghurt, salt, spices and lemon.
    THE CHEF and HER KITCHEN: Neer Mor | Spiced Buttermilk | Chaas | Majjiga Recipe

Witfareui is offline Junior Member
    Yumm, buttermilk. I always marinate the chicken, it makes the meat more tender, delicate in taste.

robinmbers is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    agree it,make cheese, ice cream or use it to marinate chicken. Those were a few ideas I got after a quick google for buttermilk