Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeslieA's Journal page

LeslieA is offline Junior Member

LeslieA's Journal

I have always been overweight. Not huge, but always fat. Always on a diet or about to start one. Last summer I got married. I lost weight for the big day. 40 pounds. I looked great, felt great, was in great shape. (Although still overweight-wedding day had me at 150 pounds and I'm not 5'3".)

It has been 13.5 months since that day. I'm up 25 pounds. It makes me very sad. I really worked hard to lose that weight. Low carb, low fat diet. Exercised between one and two hours a day.

Lots of things about my lifestyle changed after my wedding day. I moved from a walking city to a driving city. I went from going to school and having loads of free time to working full time. I changed from planning meals only around my likes and diet to eating with a husband who is as picky as a 5 year-old and eats as much in one meal as I should all day. It was easy falling into his lifestyle. I take that back. It was easy falling into the lifestyle I had before I went on my wedding weight-loss plan.

I have started a low carb plan about 25 times since the wedding. Even primal. A friend sent me here in February. I've read (most of) the book. I've devoured the success stories on here. I constantly click the links to commenters' blogs. I read Primal Parent and Left on Amelia daily.

But I get off track.

I give myself excuses.

But I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to feel sad about my weight and turn to the drive-thru to comfort me, and then turn to another drive-thru because I wasn't really comforted by the first one.

Today I read Sarah's success story that was posted last Friday. And I read most of the comments. I want to have a success story.

My overall goal: Conquer my issues with food. Food is not really good company. I need to remember that.

My weight loss goal: Lose 50 pounds or so. I am not exactly sure how much I should lose. I think I will know when I get there. When I was 18 I weighed 142. That's the smallest I can remember. I think 125 will be a good weight for me, but I will just have to reevaluate when I get there. I plan to get there.

My first baby-step goal: Eat 100% primal for 25 days. No dairy. No beans. Limited fruit. I want to really get into this.

I chose 25 days because I am having a little reunion with a couple college friends in 25 days. One has gained weight since college. One has lost weight. I will not pretend that I don't care about what they think. I do want to impress them. Even though they love me no matter what. They have loved me at heavier; they have loved me at lighter. And they saw me 5 pounds ago back in June. They know.

I want to lose a few pounds before seeing them because I want to make sure that I focus on my friends instead of focusing on whether my jeans will give me a muffin top or whether my thighs will rub together so that I can't wear a dress when we go out.

Day 1 starts tomorrow. I do plan to eat a primal meal tonight, though. But since breakfast and lunch were sad, SAD meals, today is not Day 1.

I need some accountability. I need an outlet. I need encouragement.

Please follow my journal.

Good start for DAY 1. Last night I picked up some groceries: grass fed ground beef, lettuce, berries, sausage (applegate)

My breakfast: sausage, 2 eggs w/ butter, sliced tomato w/ balsamic vinigarette (Annie's)

I packed a lunch: hamburger patty, lots of salad w/ berries and pecans.

I am going to miss the coffee this morning - I just can't do black coffee. But tea will have to do.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard! You don't have to cut out your coffee, you should just use cream or half and half for the fat
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Yum...I do love cream! But I am cutting out dairy for the first 25 days. Except butter.

Try the coconut "crack" creamer recipe on here. It is really delicious.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Welcome LeslieA! You will find alot of encouragement and support right here. The Primal community is great for that! Looks like you are off to a great start!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for you Leslie! You can do it!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks!

Thanks y'all!

Lunch was good - and I have only had water and tea to drink. But I am getting a little hungry. I think I have some pistachios in the break room. If not, I'm going to guzzle some water and hope the hunger goes away.

I had a bad experience with sausage this morning. blech! The eggs were good, though.

I wanted to weigh myself this morning - hoping to see a 5 pound loss in one day. I resisted! Trying to hold off looking at the scale for a few days. I have conflicting feelings about weighing everyday. Sometimes I think that it is obsessive. Sometimes I think it is a good way to keep myself in check. What do y'all think?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! I will look for that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast