Thread: My First Bone Broth - YUM! page

Goldstar is offline Senior Member

My First Bone Broth - YUM!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am so excited about this broth I wanted to share. Over the past few weeks I have bought deli precooked bone-in chicken thighs and breasts with the skin on from our local food co-op. They have a variety of seasonings from garlic to paprika to cumin throughout the week.

I'm not great with cleaning off all of the meat during dinners but I just go ahead and throw all the scraps into a to-go box in the freezer as I go along. When the box was full, I dumped it into my crockpot with water and apple cider vinegar for 10 hours and the result with all of the blend of seasonings turned out delicious!

I want to learn how to make the beef bone broth but I'm not sure where I can buy the bone for that yet or how many to use or what to season it with.

This was so easy!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I just bought some beef bones at my farmer's market. Maybe check one near you?
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Most markets and butchers would sell the bones very very cheap. Just ask.

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, thanks!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I just tossed some beef bones in the slow cooker to start up some broth myself The mornings are getting colder, so it puts me in the mood for something warm to drink in the morning. I need to get better about keeping bones from cooking, these are bagged bones from the butcher that come when I buy beef quarters.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton