Thread: Am I drinking enough water? page

jpatrickclark is offline Member

Am I drinking enough water?

Primal Fuel
    So, my understanding for determining how much water to drink when weight training is to divide my body weight by 2 and the divided number is the number of ounces I should be consuming per day. I am currently 163 lbs. Divided by 2, that gives me a goal of 81.5 ounces per day, which I may as well round out to 82 ounces. With 5 16.9 ounce bottled waters per day, I am reaching that goal plus 2 ounces. Is this really enough or should I aim for more?

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    Why do you have to drink a special amount of water when weight training? Does it do something special?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You should drink when you are thirsty and stop when you are not thirsty. The calculations on water are largerly gobelty gook. If your erm... output runs nice and clear, and you are not in the bathroom every hour on the hour, you are doing just fine.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jpatrickclark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You should drink when you are thirsty and stop when you are not thirsty. The calculations on water are largerly gobelty gook. If your erm... output runs nice and clear, and you are not in the bathroom every hour on the hour, you are doing just fine.
    A perfectly logical answer. The question really was whether or not the standard of 8 glasses a day (or the 8 X 8 rule if you like) was accurate or just a generalized estimation of what is necessary. I usually tend to prefer water over soda or other drinks when I am thirsty. So over the course of the day, I'm sure I'm getting all that I need. Thanks.

Jamison is offline Banned
    Thirst is a poor indicator of dehydration. Its best to attempt to drink water before you even feel thirsty.

Its what I've been doing lately. I carry around a 1liter bottle with me pretty much everywhere. Usually average about 5 to 7 liters a day. It makes the outdoors MUCH more bearable when its 105 degrees outside.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Just drink to thirst. Do you think Grok tried to hit a magic number of water consumed in a day?

Revend is offline Junior Member
    Well in my opinion water is good for health and there is no any problem to drink lot of water. I suggest you to drink lot of water in a day. Water has lot of benefits so don't take any tension. You can drink lot of water and you are not drinking too much water.