Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from the land of haggis and deep fried mars bars page

pollydinasaur is offline Member

Newbie from the land of haggis and deep fried mars bars

Primal Fuel
    Hello

Just started dipping my toes in to primal waters - it looks lovely!

Just need some pointers from a UK point of view

Starting off eating this - does this seem ok, going to work on a varaint of this till I get used to this.

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, 3 x bacon (I think in USA its called Canadian Bacon)
    Lunch: Canned fish in oil, salad
    Dinner: Steak/Lamb with green veg

Snacks - Natural full fat Yoghurt, 6 squares 90 or 99% lindt chcolate, some chorizo

Excercise: 2 slow doggy walks (just under 2 hrs in total)

I sit most of the day. (used to be a massive runner & boot camp devotee)

Looking to lose that last 10lbs and change everything I eat and go against CW!

gingernut is offline Senior Member
    Hi (and welcome!) from a fellow Scot! I've only just started posting here too, although have been Primal on and off, and lurking, for a while now!

Sounds like you are doing pretty well so far...how do you feel?

Best of luck on your journey into this wonderful new way of life!

Hello and welcome from another Scot! No longer living up north but I definitely miss it and try to get back when I can

As far as what you are eating, I think gingernut has it right - consciously think about how you feel and that will give you a good indicator of how you are doing. Just watch out for carb flu, if you feel a bit yuck for a few days in a week or so but think you are eating by the rules stick with it and it will get better.

irenesom is offline Senior Member
    Maybe one day I will meet another paleo person face to face! That would be so exciting, I keep checking people's trolleys in the supermarket (filled with crap!)

I am in Edinburgh.

irenesom is offline Senior Member
    What's the 99 lindt like?

Try butchers for good quality mince etc, much prefer it to tescos etc. Plus I stock up on massive amounts of frozen veg etc. Hate going to supermarket, best to avoid all that cheap crap that's on offer.

Keep us posted on your success!

Quote Originally Posted by irenesom View Post
    Maybe one day I will meet another paleo person face to face! That would be so exciting, I keep checking people's trolleys in the supermarket (filled with crap!)
    Hehe, me too!

I'm in Dundee and I think there are a few other Scots about on here so maybe we could arrange a meet up one day! That would be amazing!

Hello!

A "meat up" would be great. We were at the supermarket last night stocking up on meat and veg and our trolley looked amazing, green & red ruled. (green veg, red meat). Fell 100% better all ready, a bit grumpy yesterday, and couldn't get to sleep last night. But have felt full and quite cointent food wise.

Anything I should watch out for?

We don't have a local butcher (small, weird scottish town) just a morrisons and a aldis close by.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    hey hey yes let's have a meat up!! i was living in glasgow (that place is primal in OTHER ways...), moving to st andrews, totally looking for pals who would be support of of the primal lifestyle. actually, maybe someone could answer a question i had after reading mark's post from yesterday. anyone know of a good dojo or maybe a boxing gym near st a's? i'm not really into tai chi style dojos where it's more of a mental than physical game. i prefer to sweat and punch and move and jump around! so it would have to be one that's really heavily into the workout rather than spiritual side of things.

Glasgow is definitely very primal....

I think that's something I would be super interested in as well (any recommendations renfrewshire area?)- rain/sleet/snow and that's just in the summer, does not lend itself well to ultimate frisbeeing. I have managed to get hold of a jeep tyre which I started playing with yesterday.

But I too am not so keen on the spiritual side, but would like to find something, tough but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananabonobo View Post
    moving to st andrews
    Ooh, we will almost be neighbours!! ;-)

'Fraid I don't know about the boxing gym though...hope you find something.
    Finally uncovering the real me!

My 'Serious Six' journal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast