Thread: Chewing Gum page

Lindsay0311 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey Everyone

I was just curious if any of you chew gum....it seems to help with my cravings for sweets and other snacks and keeps my mouth busy but I don't know if it can somehow effect my results.

Any thoughts on this?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I have been chewing gum lately - peppermint gum helps with my (pregnancy) nausea.

I think it might affect insulin depending on what it's sweetened with ... even artificial sweeteners (just the sweet TASTE) can create an insulin response, so theoretically it might make you hungrier or crave sweet things...

But other than that, I'm not sure how it would affect you negatively. Try it for a while and see if it helps or hurts... then stop if you're not liking what it does to you.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

For what it's worth- I haven't experienced any problems with sugar-free gum. It's great for dealing with Carnivore Breath ;-)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I chew Trident occasionally. I try to stick with mint over the fruity flavors. It does help with keto/carnivore breath. Sometimes I use those Listerine strips. I know. Not Primal. :-P

misathemeb is offline Member

i chew extra peppermint sugar free gum. i don't really care if it's primal or not because it helps me from mindless snacking and also because i get nauseated at work a lot from working with smelly rodents

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Aww... smelly rodents are adorable- lol. (I have 3 rats.)

Mainer is offline Senior Member

I have to admit to my gum chewing habit, sugarfree of course. Its has helped me switch over to primal, not sure why yet. Also it works as a backup when I can't get to brush after a snack or lunch while at work.

You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

I have an Altoid now and then, especially the licorice ones. It's kind of a joke around my office, as people will stop by my office to see me, and I'll open the Altoid tin, offer it to them, and say something like, "Would you like a hot cinnamon bun, fresh out of the oven, dripping with melted butter?" The first time I say that, the person is really taken aback. The second time, they'll stop by and say, "What is it today? A banana split?" but they'll always have an Altoid. I figure one or two a day, at less than 1 total carb, is certainly better than what the Altoids "pretend" to be.