Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground Beef Recipes? page 2

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Hamburger gravy (the ultimate comfort food!): saute chopped onion and mushrooms in fat of your choice, add ground beef, season to taste with salt & pepper. When it's almost done, add heavy cream-half a cup or so. Let simmer a few minutes, until thickened and serve over mashed cauliflower.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Meatza! This site's search engine should turn up several recipes, and they're easy to modify for near-infinite variety.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    You guys are seriously awesome! @ DarthFriendly: What's chopped steak?

OMFG I want to make the hamburger gravy NOW!

How do you make ground beef kebabs?
    Last edited by me2; 09-04-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Meow
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Chopped steak is the upper class term for ground beef. Apparently the term is to "ghetto" for some. I was a bit gobsmacked the first time I heard chopped steak used to refer to ground beef on a cooking show, I had to go and double check the term. Yep, its good old ground.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    I love this quick coconut curry from clothesmakethgirl.com
    EZ Coconut Curry | theclothesmakethegirl

Also, picadillo is another hamburger dish I love.

Bonus: both freeze really well!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Never, ever forget about Taco Salad!
    This..

I eat "taco" salad at least once a week...

Brown 1lb ground beef. Season to taste with chili powder, red pepper flakes, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic.
    Serve over spring greens.
    top with an avacado, several tablespoons of organic salsa I get from the farmers market and the juice of half a lime.

It is honestly one of my favorite meals.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post

OMFG I want to make the hamburger gravy NOW!

How do you make ground beef kebabs?
    Yes. You do. It is the best!

I've done beef kebabs like this: Mediterranean Feast - Health-Bent | Health-Bent. I used a mixture of lamb and beef, but just beef would probably still be delicious. Here's my version: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post429852
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Chopped steak is the upper class term for ground beef. Apparently the term is to "ghetto" for some. I was a bit gobsmacked the first time I heard chopped steak used to refer to ground beef on a cooking show, I had to go and double check the term. Yep, its good old ground.
    Basically you take ground beef and make an extra large patty out of it, and cook it like a steak. "Salisbury Steak" is when you cover it in a brown gravy of some extraction with onions or something. There's a restaurant around here that makes one with sauteed mushrooms that's pretty tasty actually, but I can make about 3-4 of them with better quality beef for what they charge.

Ground beef breakfast ideas- browned ground beef w/onions, and then scrambled with eggs.

Also "beef egg bake" put the ground beef in the bottom of a baking pan with bacon, veggies, mushrooms, and crack a dozen or so eggs on top and bake until the eggs are golden brown, and serve in rectangles.... with sriracha.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Eggplant and zucchini lasagna with meatballs. Be liberal with the cheese. Whole milk mozzarella, ricotta and lots of romano. And top with sauteed cherry peppers.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Hamburger gravy (the ultimate comfort food!): saute chopped onion and mushrooms in fat of your choice, add ground beef, season to taste with salt & pepper. When it's almost done, add heavy cream-half a cup or so. Let simmer a few minutes, until thickened and serve over mashed cauliflower.
    OMG! Hamburger Gravy! Amazing!!!!!!
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast