Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Primal Carole page

Primal Journal Primal Carole

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone! Today is day 1 of me going Primal and so far so great! My husband is doing it too, we went food shopping today. It was so much simpler to plan food for the week and less stressful at the store. We were in and out so quick! I lifted heavy things today and we played frisbee for a while, both a lot of fun! I have a slight headache now, but overall had lots of energy today. I'm going to wean off coffee, but at least for the first week or so I'm going to still have it. We are committing to 30 days of eating clean! Donated a full bag of grains to my parents earlier today as well. I really feel the shift in my thinking from having to stress over tracking calories, getting strength training and cardio in for exact amount of minutes, and just overall stress of trying to lose weight to focusing on improving my health. I'm already having so much more fun with everything since reading Mark's book and look forward to the next 30 days and beyond!

Ok so Day 2 and feeling pretty good! We're reading through the book quick and I love all the info on the forums. I only have a slight headache, but has anyone ever experienced pain in their side/back? I think it's the kidneys area. It feels like a slight twinge every once in a while.
    Woke up early today and walked the dog, felt great to get a half hour in before everything else. Also discovered how yummy macadamia nuts are!

Ok so been doing great so far sticking to Primal living and love it! I definitely have a bad headache for the past few days and super tired at night, but I read up on how it should be better soon. I did have a slice of pizza today, first day at an internship, felt pressure from myself. But, learned from it and moving on! I'm loving the no stress view to working out and having fun! Even though I've been really beat at night I've noticed a new kind of energy early in the morning, which has never been my thing. I am psyched about it and it feels good to be an early bird after years of being a night owl! Peace

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Carole View Post
    Ok so Day 2 and feeling pretty good! We're reading through the book quick and I love all the info on the forums. I only have a slight headache, but has anyone ever experienced pain in their side/back? I think it's the kidneys area. It feels like a slight twinge every once in a while.
    Woke up early today and walked the dog, felt great to get a half hour in before everything else. Also discovered how yummy macadamia nuts are!
    Primal can result in lots of water loss. Make sure you are staying hydrated. I tend to have kidney stone problems in the summer from dehydration (my diagnosis.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks Hedonist, love the name! It only happened the one day, but I'm a water lover, so I'll make sure to keep drinking!

OH SNAP!!!! I'm feeling so goood today! I wanted to come straight here and brag, pat myself on the back! My hubby and I went out today for a hour of exercise (skipped 2 days in week b/c super tired). We also started our sprints. One it felt great to not feel pressure or stress that we didn't do the 2 days during the week of cardio. It's so much easier and more fun with the Primal mentality!
    But, second, and this is the huge part for me, I was able to do 4 sprints between 20-30 seconds each AND with absolutely NO pain!!!! I was a dancer for years and consequently had a lot of damage from the chronic cardio and repetitive stress on joints, etc. About 2 years ago I committed to walking and getting back in shape. Back then I would walk for ten minutes, then have to stop and stretch from shin splints, the whole walk would be stop and start. This past year I have been walking with no pain, and stretching a lot. I worked with a chiropractor for a while as well. It took a lot of patience, but today was such a HUGE reward!!!! I feel so proud of myself and excited for my future. I love being athletic and it felt so good to be out in the sunshine working it with my Husband!
    On top of all that great news, which would have been enough for me to float on for weeks, I slept the past two nights for 12 and 13 hours. My body was doing some healing work indeed! But, now I feel like my body clicked into primal like is often written about on here. No headaches anymore and feel super energized! I'm so psyched to see what happens the next 30 days!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yay!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome Carole

It sounds like you are well on your way. It's great that you have a supportive partner in this journey

Robin

Thanks Hedonist and Paleobird!!!! I'm loving this newfound energy, weeee! Feeling only slight soreness in my inner hips after sprints, feels good to know I'm using my body properly. Today is my rest and rejuvenate day. Nice to meet others on here!

Grokkin' and lovin it!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast