Thread: Herbalife page

Herbalife

Shop Now
    My friends are raving over Herbalife Products. What does Mark and his following say about these products?

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Aren't they just shakes? As in a VLC-diet(very low calorie)?
    As we all know, shakes are not real food. I'm not sure about the protein-content of Herballife, or how often you're meant to have it, but from what I know of it, I'd say it is a diet that can't last long-term.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Ehh. Why eat Frakenfood when you can eat real food?

Lynnsey is offline Member
    First post and this is what it is? Hmmmmm....

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    It would seem that that username is a legit person's address that was hijacked by a spammer. There's no end to it.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Atom Sapiens is offline Junior Member
    I've read the Primal Blueprint about a year ago, never managed to go fully-primal (in due time!), but it did change my perspective on my diet drastically, I made an effort to eat healthier, but it wasn't cutting out how I wanted it.

Last February, I started Herbalife. My woman actually found it as a job opportunity, I was already nervous about it being multi-level marketing, and then a "nutrition program", and I figured "it's just a bunch of processed crap". I was actually surprised about what I learned, they seem to put actual effort into making their products good-quality, BUT I do realize the majority of the company still holds in some ideals of 'conventional wisdom'.

I was 317lbs when I started, I'm down to 296 last I weighed myself (about a week ago), I do actually feel the energy, have a positive outlook, and feel great. I still stay away from simple carbs, and grains, as much as I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Aren't they just shakes? As in a VLC-diet(very low calorie)?
    As we all know, shakes are not real food. I'm not sure about the protein-content of Herballife, or how often you're meant to have it, but from what I know of it, I'd say it is a diet that can't last long-term.
    Herbalife isn't JUST shakes, the entire concept is "cellular nutrition", after all, a healthy cell, is a healthy you. Their core products consist of: 1) the Formula 1 shakes, meant to be a meal supplementation. 2) The Formula 2 multi-vitamins, taken thrice a day, because we don't don't process A FULL DAY'S WORTH OF VITAMINS IN A SINGLE CENTRUM TABLET. 3) The Formula 3 "Cell Activator", designed to help support the body's absorption (and thus, the cells) of (micro)nutrients.

For weight loss: 1) Two Formula 1 shakes a day (and you CAN add fruits or veggies, like I do), take supplements three times a day, one colorful healthy meal, and snacks as necessary to reach your caloric/protein needs. According to the company, I, personally, need roughly 1800 calories a day, and 200g of protein a day (bring on the wild game meats!), to lose weight in a healthy fashion.

They also have other products designed to help with heart health, digestive health, skin care, soaps, and they have their line for athletes, "Herbalife 24". Just so we're all square, I AM an independent distributor for Herbalife, who is a Primal-advocate/fan. I'd like Mark's informative opinion on the products, because I'd like to see if this is Primal "enough". I understand that Mark has his own "Primal Fuel" that he sells, so I do NOT want to step on his toes, I'd just like to know if this can be beneficial, in a similar fashion to his stuff.

Hell, if Mark set up a business to distribute/sell his products, I'd likely jump on in a heartbeat, but to my knowledge: Herbalife is among, if not already, the top nutrition company in the modern world (sales and quality). I am not stupid enough to ignore intelligent criticism, and I honestly just want to improve upon what could need patching up (which, some items do, like the inclusion of sucralose, albeit in small amounts). While I don't necessarily advocate vegetarianism or veganism, I AM trying to do as much research as I can to figure out what products CAN work for them, with optimum efficiency, and maximum results. Same goes for the strictly Primal crowd, if there's something that we can use, and is actually supportive and beneficial, why not incorporate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzington View Post
    Ehh. Why eat Frakenfood when you can eat real food?
    Because you may not be getting ALL the necessary nutrients, which isn't the food's fault, it's just the matter of figuring out WHAT'S needed and in what amounts, then finding the foods, preparing them, consuming them, then the next day: figuring out another structure to get the same nutrients, from different sources. The other vastly important part is: are you properly digesting/absorbing all of the nutrients? You can eat the good stuff all day long, but if there's a deep-rooted problem in your body (that could be emotionally-induced/sustained), your cells may likely not be getting the nourishment they need/deserve.
    Last edited by Atom Sapiens; 05-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Atom Sapiens is offline Junior Member
    I'm actually interested in any thoughts/questions of others. I want to know what people think of this company/how to make the said company even better.