Thread: Down 139 pounds in 18 months page

dmoffett is offline Junior Member

Down 139 pounds in 18 months

Primal Fuel
    Hi to all you paleo folks.
    Thanks to this site and others like it I have lost 139 pounds in the 18 months since the death of my wife.
    Her death prompted me to make a change in my life. That change has evolved into the paleo diet.
    I've put my story down in a blog. See it at: Dan's Low Carb Journey
    I've went form a 4X shirt to a medium, from a 52" pants to a 34". I'm still losing weight. I feel great, and I love the food. FREEDOM!

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Awesome Congrats on turning your weight around! Grok on!

otzi Guest
    C'mon, man, we need more than that! Tell us how you did it! We want the Reader's Digest condensed version...I love Q&A'ing with successful losers.
    Congrats anyway!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Wow, huge congrats! And condolences about the loss of a loved one. It sounds like you've been on quite a journey, I am looking forwards to reading more about it.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

KermittheGrok is offline Junior Member
    I am sorry to hear that the death of your wife is what prompted you to lose weight, but I think it's wonderful that you turned that into a positive motivation to lose weight. Congrats!

kiss is offline Senior Member
    Wow! What an amazing journey. I checked out your blog and hope you stick around this forum to be a role model for others.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    How fantastic to hear that you have done so well. I'm sorry to hear about your wife though. All the best.

dmoffett is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. The quick answer is, EAT MEAT. My diet has evolved as I've become more educated on the subject. Like most I lived the low fat, high carb life. It was killing me. One word describes how how I feel now, FREEDOM! Freedom from the lies, and the addictions.

Troat is offline Junior Member
    Nice stuff.
    I also lost my 18 lbs weight in 1 month by doing rope jumping. I think rope jumping is awesome exercise which you could loss your maximum weight. My doctor says that 20 minutes of rope jumping is equal to 1 mile running.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would love to read your whole story in Mark's Success Stories series. Congratulations.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.