Thread: Tea&Bickies page

UlsterGrok is offline Junior Member

Tea&Bickies

Shop Now
    Well as a child, I loved me some cookies and milk. I didn't really start drinking tea until I moved to Ireland, so I guess it would seem only natural that I quickly took a liking to tea and biscuits.

If there's anyone else who shared a love of this perfect combination, what are some of the alternatives that you enjoy now? I obviously cut out the milk&sugar from my tea, and replaced it with coconut milk&stevia. Aside from making primal cookies, I've found that I few sliced blocks of creamed coconut with it seems to do the job for me as well. What's also good about it is, that it doesn't take much of them to fill me up, so it's a perfect snack substitute when I don't feel like making a meal.

Anyone else have any other adaptations that do the job?
    " Do what thou Wilt, shall be the whole of the Law"

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I grew up in a country where everyone always drinks tea with *something*. Normally, with grandma's home-made jam. I wnt through many ideas of what to drink the tea with (good 3 - 4 mugs the way I normally do in the evening, the least damaging thing. Here is what I tried and why not:

didn't work:
    -boiled eggs - meh flavour
    -fresh cabbage - cold cabbage doesn't work with hot tea
    -peanut, and after going paleo, almond-hazelnut butter - tend to eat far too much butter!
    -sweeter fruit, like water melon (eat too much fruit)
    -quark with cocoa powder (stopped working when stopped eating dairy)
    -nut butter with cocoa powder (tastes bad, like savory!)
    -cheese (eat too much)
    -sugar-free gello (okay, but who needs artificial goo, and it's not jam)
    -dry fish (not bad, but too much salt).

works:
    -honey - a teaspoon but the trick is to eat honey at one gulp, so tea does not dilute sweetness. then drink up the mug
    -frozen berries - go slow because frozen!
    -sour apple - 1 apple cuts into many, many, many tiny, tiny, tiny slices! Lasts for a few mugs.
    -all-natural ham (YUM! but expensive, damn it).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

UlsterGrok is offline Junior Member
    Those all look lovely Leida! The nut butter with cocoa powder is alluring. That looks like something I would like, so I'll have to give it a go sometime. I like the odd honey too, and am a big fan of the ham.
    " Do what thou Wilt, shall be the whole of the Law"

kiss is offline Senior Member
    I keep a nice 90% cocoa Lindt chocolate bar in my fridge. A couple of nights a week, I'll break off a bit and have it with decaf chai before bed. Keeping it in the fridge keeps it crisp like biting into a thin cookie.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

MamaGail is offline Junior Member
    Not really what you're asking but I had to share that the other night when I licked my daughter's spoon which had a berry flavoured yoghurt with dried coconut sprinkled on top, it gave me a Mikado biscuit flashback from when we used to go and visit my Granny in Ireland. Do you know those pink marshmallowy things with coconut on top? So maybe something involving berries and coconut?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I just drink the tea. For a while I was trying to figure out a primal dumpling substitute, but then I gave up. Steamed ginger and scallion pork meatballs might sound nice, but I'd rather just drink my Oolong.

Sencha needs no accompaniment.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    I just drink the tea. For a while I was trying to figure out a primal dumpling substitute, but then I gave up. Steamed ginger and scallion pork meatballs might sound nice, but I'd rather just drink my Oolong.

Sencha needs no accompaniment.
    Kampai!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com