Thread: Toast crumbs in my butter...my paleo journal page

mitdrallim is offline Junior Member

Toast crumbs in my butter...my paleo journal

Last September I started Atkins and lost 70 pounds in 6 months. Life was wonderful...but then it quit working. I struggled for a few months asking for help on the forums only to get more and more discouraged. One would say to eat less protein-someone else would say no eat MORE protein. More fat, less fat, all carbs not net carbs-quit eating tomatoes-oh wait, eat tomatoes-count this and track that...in the end it took me 30 minutes a day just to figure out what I could eat!
    A friend suggested that since my stress level was also now through the roof that maybe I should try a leptin reset. So began my adventure into paleo. Now my husband and mom have been trying to convince me that there is no way on Earth I could give up dairy. My response was "if you would have told me a year ago that I could quit eating bread I would have told you it isn't possible but look at me now"
    So here I am in a house with a husband and two kids that think I'm nuts about to embark on a new way of life. While Atkins worked at first I did notice that I still have alot of belly fat-that needs to go!
    Started Atkins at 262 pounds ended at 191 pounds; hips before 52 1/2" currently 44" ; waist before 47" currently 40"
    Paleo start weight 199
    Hips 44"
    Waist 40"
    Goal-reduce body fat and be stronger and healthier-even if I have to be crazy to get there!

Day one food list:
    hamburger/sausage breakfast meatballs
    big a** salad with grilled chicken, bacon and homemade bacon fat vinagrette
    hunk of steak with peppers and onions, asparagus wrapped in bacon, and little bit o broccoli
    Exercise:
    Walked to the store and back for milk

Day 3: Woke up before my alarm all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Slept thru the night for the first time in probably 6 months! Started barefoot walking yesterday to see if it helps with my knee problems. I'm noticing a bit more energy throughout the day. Cannot believe that I am not hungry between meals-eating less frequently than with Atkins. No longer have to worry about having an "emergency snack" at all times.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Take it easy with the barefoot walking, your feet will need time to adjust! Welcome aboard
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Ha-Made it to Friday!! I seem to have settled in to a groove. Just have to stick to it this weekend and all will be good!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Sounds like you are doing great!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Week one results (a day late...)
    Down 4 1/2 pounds and lost an inch off both my hips and waist. Not bad for being in a stall for so long!
    My husband and I went to the renissance fair to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Suprisingly it is a very easy place to eat the paleo way. Giant smoked turkey legs and scotch eggs-mmmmmm!!!
    The weekend was hard because I didn't get to bed at my normal time so I ended up sleepping later. Feeling kind of tired this morning but it is hard to tell if it is because of that or the fact that it is still raining and just feels like a crappy kinda day. Oh well the sun will come back eventualy.