Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal (Mars69) page

Mars69 is offline Junior Member

My Primal Journal (Mars69)

Primal Fuel
    Hey,
    i thought doing an online journal would help me through my first 30 days of Primal living and will hopefully learn some more along the way.

DAY 1: So it begins,
    I woke up on sunday to the usual crappy English weather quite exited about my first primal meal, scrambled eggs with coconut milk and mushrooms. YUMMY, the rest of the day went without a hitch feeling content with the other meals I had planned. I don't know if this has anything to do with the diet but this morning I woke up without an alarm which doesn't normally happen. The only thing find as an obvious weak link is my caffeine intake and that fact that being English I need milk for my numerous cups of tea.
    Go Chargers!

DAY 2: Another good day,
    Breakfast tasty, Chicken Salad, olive oil dressing and pumpkin seeds filled me up a surprising amount. I have found that I have needed the toilet a fair bit more today dunno if that's because my body is getting rid of water retention or anything? I got a bit of a hunger craving but luckily I work in a health food shop and got hold of a prune, date and almond bar ( called a 'naked' bar). Dinner this evening may include parsnips does anyone know if they are ok on primal?? I would have done a weights session today but its a bank holiday so instead im watching highlights of the Raiders getting beat on by the Saints with a cup of tea and some almonds. I have a quick question about how much fruit I should be eating?? I was thinking pre and post workout
    Go Chargers!

Day 3: The real test,
    Woke up without an alarm again even though I had little sleep, bacon and tomatos for breakfast yummy. Today was my first workout day while eating Primal. I had a banana before i started which helped after work. An hour weight session followed by a mile and a half jog and i am pleased to say I felt alright, had enough energy all the way though which i was worried about before starting. I had a protien shake and an apple after, tonights meal is a duck and mushroom 'thing' i put together and maybe some tuna for supper. I also weighed myself at the gym, I came in at 15st 7 (217 pounds), hopefully I will start to drop down to around 210 after a few more weeks of groking it up.
    Go Chargers!

Day 4: Low,
    Bit late in writing the last couple of days as Ive been very busy, hard day at work followed by a lower body workout. I felt very tired, I dont know if is just one of those things u have to go through but i felt like crap. Got though it eventually and and overslept the next day. My food for the day was clean and primal apart from some cottage cheese with chives later on.
    Go Chargers!

Day 5: On the up,
    Definately a better feeling today, bacon and eggs for breakfast to kick start my day. Stuffed myself with a lovely salad at work and had a pretty good workout later on. Had a good find of some cheap meat in the reduced section in the supermarket and treated myself to a glass of red wine with my fish dinner. I have noticed that my appitite is getting smaller the further into the diet I go, im considering just having one piece of fruit on workout days to help with the weight loss. Feels good to be a caveman
    Go Chargers!

Day 6: Normal,
    The whole day went well today, felt a little run down at first but after some grub got on with the day. I have noticed an improvement in my skin recently and still sleeping well. Had friends trying to give me cup cakes later on, and I only just stopped myself, but still i said no which is the main thing. I need some desert ideas cos im starting to crave a bit.
    Go Chargers!

Day 7: Starting the day off with the usual eggs and coffee with im still relying on the coffee in the morning, would be nice to kick the habit but i dont see it happening unitl im well into this diet. Having now completed a week of primal eating im going to try cut out the fruit a bit more, maybe just a few berries before a workout. I plan on cutting my weight sessiosn to 3 x a week instead of 4 and doing a cardio curcuit twice a week.
    Go Chargers!

Day 8: What a feast
    I struck lucky today my dad boiled a massive bit of pork which went down with salad, cottage cheese and olives. I think that my primal change has had an influence upon my family. My dad being the one who cooks at night has recently made a lot of salads for dinner, my mother is no longer eating carbs for dinner and my little sister is getting more of the green stuff down her. All good news. The only concern im having is my toilet habits becoming a little bunged up. Looking at getting some fibre tablets sometime this week. Hope everyone is grokking well.
    Go Chargers!

Day 9: Hard day
    After a pretty bad day at work i decided to do what turned out to be am intense circuit session with one of the guys that works at my local gym. After getting my breath back I then had to cycle home in the rain and swig on a protein shake. They are making me feel bloated after I have one, the same goes for any drink I have that isnt sipped on slowly. The bloating comes and goes quickly, I think its probably because of my reduced water retention while on the diet. The primal diet continues to give me a steady amount of energy for the day which is such a different feeling to the highs and lows of regular eating when id feels sluggish after a meal then ready to do anything then tired again. My skin looks better and my sleeping is more natural.
    Go Chargers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 10: WOW what a day
    Today was a day off work so i got myself to the gym did a full body weights workout, felt pretty good too considering id only had a meal and a snack so far. I then went to town for an hr or so and decided i had enough energy to go back. I ended up doing some circuits with sandbags and bodyweight exercises (dam burpes). I did 3 different ones and still felt great, tired but great. Also weighed myself now down to 15 stone 2. Thats a loss of about 5 or 6 pounds in just under 2 weeks (obv 3 pounds or so will be water weight). I havnt been this light in years and i feel fit.
    Go Chargers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast