Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on Fish Oil....PLEASE! page

Springbok7 is offline Junior Member

Wink Recommendations on Fish Oil....PLEASE!

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to find a good fish oil supplement that not only provides a natural omega 3 source (Fish lipids), but also is cost effective. I know you get what you pay for, but i'm trying to make the best with what I have. An optimum pill would be highly concentrated, natural, and cheap - and although I know that's impossible, I would like to get as close as possible so any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    If you want to go cheap, eating sardines regularly is probably as good a way to get omega-3 fish oil as anything. Any oily fish, but sardines are pretty good value. You should also then avoid the problem that cheap omega-3 fish oil capsules are likely cheap because they're from a batch of oil that's reaching it's sell-by date. AFAIK, companies buy those up cheap, deodorize them, and then sell them on.

If you're looking for a brand name, you'd better say where you are. Since your posting name is Springbok7 I'd assume you're in South Africa (and probably play as a flank forward). I've no idea which fish oils sell in South Africa. But perhaps you're somewhere else ...

Springbok7 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the response. Very clever of you, as you are right on both accounts. I am originally South African and play flanker, but now reside in San Francisco. I'm looking for something in a pill form so you wouldn't happen to have any good recommendations for companies that sell in California.

Hunt3R is offline Member
    If you live in Cali then you shouldnt have any trouble finding some fresh pacific salmon eh? Just eat that a couple days a week. Problem solved. To me, the possible risks of supplementing fish oil outweigh the possible benefits, and you can still get the benefits by just eating some regularly.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    If you're looking for fish oil supplements, both Costco and Sams Club carry the same brand of wild caught salmon oil capsules.

Nordic naturals "Ultimate Omega" is one of the purest, most potent fish oil supplements out there. I did the research over a year ago and that is what I take daily.

The White Lion

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I take Swisse Wild Salmon Fish Oil.

paleo_hailey is offline Senior Member
    I take the Norwegian Naturals Super Critical Omega. It isn't cheap unfortunately, but it is very good quality. I recommend ordering it from Amazon - costs about $10 less than in the store.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i take Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil. I buy it from Lucky Vitamin online, which i think is a great source for all kinds of stuff. I buy everything from Dr Bronners to ginkgo biloba to lip balm to liver pills to mineral makeup (honey bee gardens) to herbal tea (they sell yogi tea like for 1/2 of what it costs in WF).

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When Consumer Reports did their tests some years ago, they found that every brand tested contained at least the amount of omega-3s specified on the label. Figure out which ones give you the most DHA for your money, and buy those.

Then keep them in the refrigerator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast