Thread: Newbie question regading watermelon, grapes, berries, and the like ... page

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member

Newbie question regading watermelon, grapes, berries, and the like ...

Shop Now
    So, what about watermelon, grapes, berries, etc ... high in carbs, but seemingly fit the Grok profile. Are these in the 'Limit Intake' category, or are they in the 'all you can eat' category?

TIA!

Bama

Paleobird Guest
    Depends on your goals. If you are trying to lose weight, you may need to be a but more strict with yourself about fruit. Berries are the best choice of all the fruits in that they give you a lot of nutritional bang for your carb buck.

sweetp is offline Junior Member
    Melons are very high in water though so for the amount you are eating they are fairly low in calories - so they are ok in moderation IMO - and very hydrating. Berries are great too - lower cals also.
    I stay away from grapes - they are high in sugar - esp fructose which I have problems with....but that's just me.
    I try to keep my fruit to 1-2 servings per day - but then I am highly active so I need a few extra carbs - and it doesn't affect my weight at all.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I would not treat any food as 'all you can eat'. Some people avoid fruit because they are trying to keep carbs extra low or want to keep sugar out of their diet. If you are in neither of those categories, enjoy your fruit, but give preference to veggies and the low sugar fruit. I normally eat berries, and whatever fruit is in season, and try to limit the variety of fruit available in the house, as it is easier to stop at the right quantity when you do not have choice of 5 different yummy fruit.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, everyone! Guess I need to cut back on these items as I am trying to lose weight.

Zelenn is offline Junior Member

Entering Nutritional Info

So how can I enter the nutrional value of something like the fish oil supplements I take?

I'm not a nutritionist so I'm not sure the break down of the fatty acids. If it matters they are Spring Valley Fish Oil softgels 1000 mg.

Thanks.