Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salad dressing? page

Salad dressing?

Primal Fuel
    Not sure if there are any store bought salad dressings without PUFA's (??). Do you make your own? I don't have my book with me right now, I'm at work. I have salad for lunch and I'm trying to think of something I can dress it with that's Primal and that I can get at Trader Joes (only store in walking distance - no car either).

Would love some advice. Thanks!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I always kept reliable olive oil and vinegar in my desk.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Spinach, coconut milk/oil, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, black pepper, basil, pinch of salt(optional) macadamias, balsamic(occasionally I will throw in a couple pieces o Bacon)...blend. I usually make a batch big enough for the week. Also, I keep a big bottle of EVOO/Balsamic,cumin, oregano, basil, garlic powder at work. Haven't used bottled dressing in almost 2 years. I also take a bit with me if I know I'm going to eat at a restaurant...Hope this helps.

supersellen is offline Senior Member

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Just get a bottle of good olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I even have one of those pepper grinders from TJ's at my desk, so salad dressing is never a problem. It's also probably cheaper in the long run and you don't have to refrigerate it.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I just made a dressing out of Macadamia nut oil and coconut aminos. Not bad for something just thrown together.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Just get a bottle of good olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I even have one of those pepper grinders from TJ's at my desk, so salad dressing is never a problem. It's also probably cheaper in the long run and you don't have to refrigerate it.
    +1
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

RumbleRo is offline Member
    Olive oil
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Half tea spoon of turmeric
    Half tea spoon of black pepper
    Half tea spoon of cayenne (if you want)
    Lemon

I thought we were supposed to stay away from Olive Oil. Maybe I read the book wrong - I was reading it while watching my youngest kids (2 & 3) play.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Defending Olive Oil’s Reputation | Mark's Daily Apple

It's just fine, especially a good, extra virgin olive oil.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast