Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose a ton of weight and gain a whole lot of backseat diet drivers page

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member

Lose a ton of weight and gain a whole lot of backseat diet drivers

Primal Fuel
    Since going Primal back on 1/24/11 I have now lost 117 pounds of fat (104 on the scale) and feel great at now 19% fat. Only about 25 pounds to go!

My main problem is now that whatever I eat or drink at work people are second guessing me and questioning everything I do.

For example on friday I mixed some EAS vanilla protein powder with half a cup of that Thai brand coconut milk in a blender with some ice. I had 4 people in a 10 minute period ask me what I was drinking and each started explaining how there was a lot of fat in coconut milk and asking why I was drinking it.

Same with most meals I eat. I go to the gym at lunch every day and eat at my desk. Even all secluded people still come up with ther accessments of what I am eating.

Just wondered if anyone else experiences this? I work in an office of 30 so its not like I can just tell them to mind their business since we are all close and everyone knows I am Primal but dont seem to have any problem backseat driving my diet efforts.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    yeah that sucks, damned if you do, damned if you dont!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    My favorite quote from a classmate after a year of explaining what I do to them "Oh yeah, he's just doing atkins."

Just try not to leave a trail of bodies.

croí is offline Senior Member
    yup. Just politely tell them you just lost 117 lbs eating this way, and you intend to keep it up. Have the time, I just smile and nod cause people just can not believe that I don't eat bread and pasta.

By the way 117lbs in 8 months! Go you!!! How did you lose that fast? Did you have any stalls?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Even watching me drop weight they had to add their .02 I'm done talking about it, my new response is "Nunya!"

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Robert Heinlein said...
    "The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: Of course it is none of my business but - is to place a period after the word but. Don't use excessive force in supplying such moron with a period. Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about."
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

kiwigirl42 is offline Member
    I get unsolicited advice all the time because of my chronic migraine. Everyone has an opinion about what is specifically causing mine apparently and NEEDS to try to make me understand why they are right.

My stock answer is: womans' magazine or scientific journal?

'cause if its woman's magazine I'm not having this discussion thank you.

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Croi, I just hit the gym hard and went strictly primal and never looked back. I am 30 years old, 6 foot tall and was 340 pounds. Now I am 236. I have been Primal for 8 months as you mentioned but to be honest around 100 of those 117 pounds came off in the first 5 months. These past 3 months I have lost 17 pounds and been king of plateaus. i just keep plugging along.

I notice as a side note I do not have any loose skin so I am hoping that these month long stalls in the weight lose process have given my skin time to tighten up a bit here and there and not be all saggy like the crash diet people I see on tv. I try to lift a lot of weights and put on muscle to fill out a bit. My 3 year old son says I look like Hulk now which I choose to take as a compliment :-)

I'm in an office about that size and it happens all the time. "What are you eating? Why are you eating that? Don't you know that has a lot of fat/can increase your cholesterol?" I agree with croí - be short, but polite. So far, the results speak more volumes to them than anything I say.

Though, one unfortunate trend that is starting to occur in my office is people treating me like I'm their personal health coach. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't mind occasionally explaining the Primal/Paleo concept, but whenever I walk past your desk you do not need to justify what you are eating to me (2-3 people have started doing this). I don't care - it's your body/your choice. /rant.

Congrats on your success thus far PrimalClay!
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

primalfamily is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL, since I mostly eat BAS for lunch, I don't get lot of comment about lunch. (except I do tell them I am allergic to gluten, which I am when asked why I am not eating cake/bread that they bring in) beyond that, I created a document that talk about leptin, insulin, cortisol, leptin reset protocol, barebone paleo/primal nutrition primer and 16/8 IF and send it to their email if they ask. (it has links in the doc) tell them to ask me after they read it. LOL they rarely read it, even if they do, all the endocrinology makes for tough reading and they don't want to show their ignorance. problem solved. and few that do read/understand puts it into practice and get result .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast