Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Twenty Pistol Squat Challenge page

  1. #1
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399

    Twenty Pistol Squat Challenge

    Primal Fuel
    I think the name sums it up pretty nicely. Click the link for more: twenty pistol squat challenge
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


  2. #2
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    LOL i will see you in 5 years :-)

    I hope you are still around becasue i do mean it.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  3. #3
    primalfamily's Avatar
    primalfamily is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Willamette Valley Oregon
    Posts
    82
    well, still working on 20 pull up challenge. currently, I can do 25 burgarian split squat. need to find a bench so I can progress to the next step. I can almost do 1 pistol, but it is slow going tough on my knee too, as I can't get my weight back enough. but it is improving.

  4. #4
    ToniWA's Avatar
    ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    279
    You crazy, Al, you crazy.

  5. #5
    MightyAl's Avatar
    MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Quad Cities, IA
    Posts
    508
    I can do 3x5 each leg but 20 in one go is a bit much at this point.

    Last year I couldn't do one. I love seeing progress like that.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

  6. #6
    FairyRae's Avatar
    FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,996
    Love it!!! Gonna work on this as a goal for the future. Pistol squats are a skill I'm just starting to tackle... Thanks Al for the continual inspiration!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

    "I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

  7. #7
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    LOL i will see you in 5 years :-)

    I hope you are still around becasue i do mean it.
    I'm not planning on stopping either. Maybe I'll be at 50 in a row by then!

    Quote Originally Posted by primalfamily View Post
    well, still working on 20 pull up challenge. currently, I can do 25 burgarian split squat. need to find a bench so I can progress to the next step. I can almost do 1 pistol, but it is slow going tough on my knee too, as I can't get my weight back enough. but it is improving.
    I recommend you try phase one of the challenge with self-assisted pistols where you hold something for support.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniWA View Post
    You crazy, Al, you crazy.
    The good kind of crazy, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    I can do 3x5 each leg but 20 in one go is a bit much at this point.

    Last year I couldn't do one. I love seeing progress like that.
    That's great progress! Keep it up and you'll be at twenty in a row eventually!

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Love it!!! Gonna work on this as a goal for the future. Pistol squats are a skill I'm just starting to tackle... Thanks Al for the continual inspiration!!
    Thank you! And thanks for all your support!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


  8. #8
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    i cant even get into the squat position my heel always comes off the ground lol

  9. #9
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    i cant even get into the squat position my heel always comes off the ground lol
    You might not be ready for this challenge yet then. Still, you might be able to try the self assisted version.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


  10. #10
    slesca's Avatar
    slesca is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Posts
    343
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is totally frickin' amazing. I think I can do three on each side. 20?! That's awesome. See ya in...several months? My gym is working on a burpee challenge but I think I'll start my own pistol squat challenge instead. (getting up from desk at work to start...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •