Thread: New to Primal - very excited to start page

New to Primal - very excited to start

Primal Fuel
    I'm a 32 mother of 4 and I work away from the home with a hour commute each way. I came across Mark's Daily Apple reading some message board posts on SparkPeople. I have been on a weightloss journey for ever it seems. My most recent 'start' was after the birth of my youngest over 2 years ago. I have lost a total of 50 lbs through various means, Weight Watchers, my own version of a no-sugar & no wheat diet. The no-sugar diet was awesome for my energy. I felt like a kid again. I did it after realizing that I had a sugar addiction. I was only successful for a brief time, but I long for the energy and amazing mood I had then.

After reading Mark's book, I am so excited to eat Primal and see how I feel. I also would love to lose excess body fat while I'm at it.

I'm a little worried about feeding the kids and husband. I know he will go along with it if it will help me lose some weight, but with a 2, 3, 10 and 13 yr old to also feed I'm not sure how they will take it.

I'm a little sad that I will be giving up my coffee with Stevia, but I am pretty sure it has been increasing false hunger signals for me and making me irritable sometimes.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Kids will adapt way more quickly than your husband is likely to. Stop buying stuff that you can't eat, and have healthy options available for your kids. They will thrive on a whole food way of eating.

thanks!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Kids will adapt way more quickly than your husband is likely to. Stop buying stuff that you can't eat, and have healthy options available for your kids. They will thrive on a whole food way of eating.
    I know it's not good for them but we allow our kids to be kids when it comes to snack foods. We prepare primal meals for them and we have lots of fruits and vegetables on-hand. We find the kids eat way more of these if they're cleaned and cut up for them. They're pretty lazy when it comes to snack time so ready-made is where it's at. We also make them pasta but we're trying to ween them as much as possible. We do go too easy on them.

I'm a little sad that I will be giving up my coffee with Stevia, but I am pretty sure it has been increasing false hunger signals for me and making me irritable sometimes.
    I made the switch to black coffee and I got used to it pretty quickly.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You might try some heavy cream/coconut oil in your coffee...It's pretty tasty:-)