I'm a 42yr old female, originally from New Zealand but currently living in England, married with one gorgeous 11yr old son, have chronic migraine since 2007 (almost daily at times for months on end) and fibromyalgia (following flu like virus which put me in cardiac ward for 2 weeks 2009), chemotherapy nurse who manages to still work 1 day per week despite health (very pround of this as I could so easily give in if I wasn't so detemined and didn't love my job so much); I love animals and we have a chocolate labrador, 2 Ragdoll cats (1 very naughty 4 mth old!), a English moggy, 2 rabbits and a hamster called Bruce.

My weight was always stable and 'within normal range' before I became ill. I am very tall (189cm, 6'2) and my 'fighting weight' is about 80kg. With the anti convulsants etc I've tried for chronic migraine my weight went up to 96kg.

I started eating Primal on 8 August 2011 and weighed 89.5kg. I started as I was living on cereal bars, not eating enough to get adequate nutrition and wanted to see if a healthier diet could impact on fibromyalgia (my main symptoms are toothache like pain in all joints/ muscles requiring morphine daily and extreme lack of energy at times)

Today 29 August 2011 I have been eating Primally (including homemade greek yogurt; carbs usually below 100, sometimes below 50 but not really hung up on counting tho have found Sparkpeople invaluable) for 3 wks; I have been 100% every day and this morning weigh 85.4kg so thats 3.6kg (8lb) in 3 wks

I have not noticed any change in fibromyalgia - I seem to be in a bad flare but this used to happen anyhow.

I am surprised that I've not had one slip up at all even when I had bad sugar cravings the other night due to PMT. I do have honey sometimes with yogurt but no more than 1tsp day and the odd Lindt 90% chocolate square but its starting to make me feel ill looking at it for some reason.

Supplement wise I've started taking a daily multi vitamin, 10,000iu Vit D (have spent most of last 5 yrs in bed due to health), Omega 3 (not much as really makes me feel nauseous for hours later), co-enzyme Q10 150mg (there is some research saying that this dose daily could impact migraine.

Mentally I feel better in that I'm taking a positive step to help myself and my health and that of family, I'm definately cooking more and better food