Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day page

anjelevil is offline Senior Member

Today is the day

Shop Now
    I had been doing the primal eating for a few weeks but always seemed to be falling off the wagon on the weekend..then about 2 weeks ago I fell off the wagon in fine fashion..from alcohol and sugar..sugar is my main issue..I feel out of control a lot of the time.When I was doing primal before I was feeling great so I am not sure what happened.All that said..I am back from today.I finally bought the book and I am planning a 30 day challenge of 100% Primal..I thought the journal would be a good way to be accountable to myself..I did keep a written journal last time but that was just for me..if I have to post where everyone can see it then maybe I will keep on the right path.
    Breakfast:Spinach and Eggs with homemade aioli
    Lunch:Still trying to decide
    Dinner: Duck and Squash with salad
    This is the plan for today..
    Also a plan for a walk on the treadmill later

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Mmmmm duck. Welcome!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Well,
    Managed the day quite well after all the sugar I have been killing myself with lately..decided to do the treadmill barefoot..MISTAKE!I have the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot...ach well...better to start with exercise..I think this is where I failed the last attempt at Primal..need to engage in the entire process..not sure how I will manage sprinting though..think this may be further down the line as I have a problem with my right hip..also a bit worried about the lifting..right shoulder problem(quite severe)..if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any advice

Thai duck actually..and thanks for the welcome!

CandylandCanary is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck with your 30 day challenge.

The duck sounds really good. Are you going to grill it? Or better yet, bbq.

I also think that keeping a journal here will help. If nothing else, you'll at least stay connected and aware and see what's going on. If what happened before happens again, this time you'll know exactly what happened, just look back at your journal, right?

Maybe just commit to writing a post here and paying attention to what's going on with your diet, body, energy, etc every day?
    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

I made the duck with all the thai spices and cooked it slowly in broth..added coconut milk and butternut squash..was good but I prefer to make the duck confit...sitting overnight with garlic,thyme and sea salt and then cooking for a really long time in duck fat..it can then be saved in the fat for when you want to use it.The duck of today was fine though.
    I think you raise some very good points Candyland and all the right reasons for keeping the journal..the best way to figure out when something is going right or wrong..I am happy today is almost over and I am over with the first day back and it wasn't that difficult..no real cravings for sugar and only thought about bread once really..rock on day 2!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    Well,
    Managed the day quite well after all the sugar I have been killing myself with lately..decided to do the treadmill barefoot..MISTAKE!I have the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot...ach well...better to start with exercise..I think this is where I failed the last attempt at Primal..need to engage in the entire process..not sure how I will manage sprinting though..think this may be further down the line as I have a problem with my right hip..also a bit worried about the lifting..right shoulder problem(quite severe)..if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any advice
    Long term, sprints and lifting are important. But right now, you need to heal your body. Keep active, walk, swim avoid sitting very long. Fitness is 80% diet.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

gingernut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    I prefer to make the duck confit...sitting overnight with garlic,thyme and sea salt and then cooking for a really long time in duck fat..
    Yum, yum, yum!!

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I've just started a journal too for some accountability over the next few weeks and already on day 1 it has worked!

Best of luck for day 3 and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Long term, sprints and lifting are important. But right now, you need to heal your body. Keep active, walk, swim avoid sitting very long. Fitness is 80% diet.
    Thanks for that Hedonist

Here we are today at day two..feeling ok but a bit tired and last night I couldn't get myself warm..had a few drops of oil of oregano today just in case I was coming down with a cold...I am also a bit agitated today but not sure if that's the lack of sugar or if it's b/c my period is starting..probably a bit of both.
    Today I had eggs and spinach for breakfast
    Made a lovely lamb stew for lunch with carrots and squash(had some to use up)
    Tonight I have ribs I have been marinating that I am going to cook in the oven and serve with lots of greenery
    started back on the couch to 5k..first run again in a long time..was really good..hip is very sore but seems to be holding up ok..makes me happy as I have been missing the running since I stopped last year this time
    Happy to be ok in day 2.I slept better last night then I have in the past weeks of binging..seeing as it's the first night I am impressed...I think it had something to do with the treadmill as well..would be really happy to get through the 30 days without weighing myself..and the reward for the end of the month is to get my hair done..it needs to be done now but will leave it for the month as a way to work towards something
    Last edited by anjelevil; 08-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast