Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day page 2

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok,
    It's day 3 and all is well in the land of primal..the flu has not been so bad other than being congested and a bit tired and really cold at night..short temper as well but that's how I am at times(sugar times especially)!
    I was very pleased when reading the book yesterday(I finally bought it)to learn a few things I thought were off limits are actually ok in moderation..unfortunately..I won't be able to go near them as they are all trigger foods and for me it has to be all or nothing..last year when I lost 3 stone it was from low carb,no fruit or sugar as well as running 3 times a week in training for a 10k...I think for the time being I can't have fruit either as I think it's another trigger food for me..doesn't matter if its berries..it gets me going into sugar mode and this is always my downfall.
    I am also trying to keep my carbs on the very low side for at least this first week.I am also doing the couch to 5k which is running every other day and then in a few weeks time I will get into the lifting stuff..hopefully by then my shoulder will be feeling better..my hope is that by finally eliminating all of the grains and sugar will help with the inflammation of joints.
    Today
    Breakfast:3 egg omelette,spinach,salad and some spicy avocado
    Lunch: no lunch..not hungry anyway
    Dinner:lamb stew and salad
    Ate dinner early and have a very sad/exciting day tomorrow as my only child is starting school..
    Last edited by anjelevil; 08-31-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Day 3(Primal)Day 2(couch to 5k)
    Well..today is a good day thus far..still having heaps of problems with my hip but soldiering through and doing c-5k..it needs to be done and part of the issue is the weight bothering the hip..love being back in the running..makes me feel so good and helps with the odd bit of cravings as well..also have been taking one dose of oil of oregano for the sugar as well and it seems to be doing it's trick
    Breakfast:3 eggs and spinach
    Lunch..I actually did veggie today..was really nice..spicy spinach with coconut milk and hemp seeds and leftover butternut squash and carrots
    Dinner..thinking organic mince,chilli,basil,garlic and shredded carrots+salad.
    Dinner was as it was but I must say..after running and being on the go all day..the lunch didn't really cut it for me..by the time I had dinner 5 hours later..I was starving..not so sure how often I would do a veggie lunch(and I was a veg for 18 years!)
    Last edited by anjelevil; 09-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Well..here we are at day 4 and I am happy to say it's been an easy day without any sugar pangs...my work situation will be changing over the coming weeks and I think it will be easier to maintain things then it has been the last time I tried this a few weeks back.
    Breakfast:3 eggs and spinach and today with some goat cheese
    Lunch: Organic salad with leftover beef from last night and a bit more goat cheese
    Dinner: curried chicken and spicy spinach and leftover squash
    I have been far better off this time without the fruit..for me I think this is the key in the first stages to fend off the sugar cravings
    Tomorrow is day 3 of couch to 5k..excited and can't wait!

Ok..Day 5 Primal and should be day 3 of Cto5k..I am soooooooo tired today I can barely keep my eyes open..not sure if this is the start of a carb flu but I feel not so well..yesterday I thought I was on the verge of a sinus cold and it has morphed into this drugged out feeling of pure exhaustion.So..today,instead of doing day 3 of couch to 5k..I am going to listen to my body and rest as much as I can.
    Breakfast:the usual 3 egg omelette with spinach and a last bit of goat cheese
    Lunch was a small piece of pork belly and spinach done in coconut,chillies and cumin
    Dinner..had a big shop at the market today and got a lot of lovely meats so one of these will do if I can get it together enough to actually cook

Libre27 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like I am in the same boat as you. Good luck staying on the wagon. It's a challenge I battle everyday as well....sugar being my biggest culprit.

Ok..here we are at Day 6..and day 3 of Couch to 5k
    I feel much less tired today in comparison to yesterday..also had a sore head at the end of the day but I think that was staring at a computer screen for too long..will not make the same mistake today!I did cave in last night and had some dark chocolate..not a big deal for some but can often mean a downward spiral for me..let's hope not..I feel no desire for chocolate today..think I was just so bloody tired yesterday that it was the only way up.
    Sunday is cooking day for me..I like to be prepared for the entire week so as not to be left with nothing to eat and falling off the primal wagon.So happy to make it here to day 6 with being 98% on my 30 day challenge..the 2% has been goat's cheese(but I am quite sure I have no dairy issue from goat..rarely would I eat cow other than in the form of a really good blue cheese..and that usually involves red wine and I am off that for at least 30 days).
    Today I should be butchering a chicken(not from live just taking the whole bird and cutting it down into portions)marinating it in some thai spices,chopping up a lamb shoulder and making a lamb stew with carrots,squash and Moroccan spices (but no dried fruit).I also have a small amount of ribeye roast that I may roast off and have some beef for breakfast this week..getting a bit tired of eggs everyday.

Breakfast: eggs and spinach
    Lunch : didn't manage to get lunch so just before my run I had a nakd bar and some roasted cashews
    Dinner:lemon and thyme roasted chicken and leftover cauliflower"mash"
    Run went well and I took 45 secs off my 1 mile point..makes me very happy..was hard but good and all of that in 3 days back on couch25k
    Last edited by anjelevil; 09-04-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Today is day 7..the end of the first week of primal and unlike the last time I did the first week,I haven't slipped up this time around..I am very happy to have made it here and have lost exactly 4kgs for my week of not hard work..hoping this week will be even easier than the last and I think it will be..however,I was on holidays last week so now with the challenge of heading back to work things might be a bit more tricky.
    Today,I was up at 6 am after being in bed for about 8.5 hours..good sleep but could have been a bit longer
    Breakfast: crispy pancetta,3 eggs and spinach 1 cup of green tea(I always have green tea..but haven't been posting this)
    Lunch will be difficult so hoping to maybe be able to skip it..if not I have some roasted cashews in my bag that could help
    Dinner is beef and cauliflower.
    Managed a fast today from 730 until 430..was fine..a bit cloudy towards the end but not a ravenous I am going to die feeling..was great.
    Last edited by anjelevil; 09-05-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Here we are at day 8..it was a good day today and no sugar cravings to speak of..very impressed..I am feeling very motivated to keep going.I am weighing myself everyday and it says today I have gone down 1 more kg..this makes 5kg in total..I am not hungry..sleeping well..hope there is no issue with the quick loss and assuming it will all level itself off soon.I am in very low carbs and have been if'ing 3 times since I started..we shall see
    No time for couch to 5k today but did lots of outside walking as well as running around for work.Back to c5k from thursday.
    Breakfast today was pancetta, 3 eggs, spinach and goat cheese
    Lunch: late snack of nakd bar 35 grams(dates,cocoa powder,cashews and orange)
    Dinner: spicy thai chicken with squash, parsnip, carrots, cauliflower

Day 9 primal and week 2 day 1 of c25k
    Couch to 5 k was amazing today..wasn't planning the run but did it anyway..managed to take another 30 sec of last run on my 1 mile mark..wohoo!I had planned to repeat week one of the training but moved on to week 2.90 sec of run and 60 if walk..was quite an easy transition. I am also 2 days without painkillers for my hip..normally taking 2 per day of ibuprofen..I have run without them today so will have to see how it is tomorrow..fingers crossed I can do without as they make me feel awful.I think I can put this down to primal as the swelling in the joints must be going down.
    Breakfast 3 eggs,spinach,pancetta and goat cheese(730)
    Lunch was small salad with chicken (230)
    Dinner lamb stew with parsnips and carrots (730)
    Today I was unable to go a full 8 hours in between food and as a result this is why I was able to run.I don't really feel like dinner now but I am going to eat or I will be very hungry later on and I don't sleep well if I eat just before bed.
    All in all it was a great day today..no thoughts of sugar and def no thoughts of grains or pangs of sadness about not having them.
    How exciting..looks like I have just become a member..go me!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 10 of the 30 day challenge and I am 1/3 of the way there.
    Today was a good day..long but good.Very busy times coming up with work and recovering from a treadmill incident last night..was very funny but wrenched my back as a result.I am on day 3 of no pain killers and really pleased with that.I took some devil's claw last night but that was all.Seems to have done the trick for today.
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, pancetta, cabbage greens and goat cheese
    Lunch : salad with chicken, a few sundried tomatoes and mayo
    Dinner :thai chicken with squash and parsnips
    Feel well..the 1 kg I lost seems to be going up and down so in total so far I have lost 4.5 kg.Not so bad for 10 days.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast