Thread: Primal Journal danaa page

danaa is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal danaa

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!!!!

I am on Day 3 of my Primal journey. My husband and I have decided to try it out for a month and see how we feel. I have plans to make it a lifestyle change.

3 months ago I eliminated all sugars from my diet, with the exception of fruit. Without changing my exercise habits I lost 3kg but then plateaued, and then went on a holiday for 3 weeks and ate whatever I wanted and put 2 of the 3kg back on.

So I suppose I have a bit of a head start in relation to primal eating, and watching my husband struggle without sugar over the last 2 days has made me thankful that I have already got rid of that! Luckily I love cooking and am 100% committed to eating the right stuff. I just have to get the motivation to exercise in the right way.

On starting my journey I am 170cm tall and weigh 64kg. I don't expect to change my height but hopefully I will lose some weight (I have put on 10kg in the past 5 years...geez it sounds pretty scary when I put it like that!!!!!) and have more energy.

Day 1: 30 min walk with my dog

Breakfast
    2 fried eggs
    1 rasher bacon
    Small bowl fruit salad (apple, pear, orange, strawberry)
    Lemon tea

Snack
    Protein shake with 1 tsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp agave
    Decaf instant coffee with milk, no sugar, no artificial sweetener
    1 slice orange

Lunch
    Salad with tinned tuna (plus oil from tin) including spring onions, iceberg lettuce, tomato, grated carrot, white and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper

Dinner
    Beef, roasted
    Steamed zucchini, broccoli and pumpkin

Dessert
    Fruit salad (as above) with unsweetened full fat Greek yoghurt

Day 2: 30 min walk with my dog

Breakfast
    8 small button mushrooms, fried in 20g butter
    1 rasher bacon
    2 fried eggs
    Lemon tea

Snack
    Decaf coffee with full cream milk

Lunch
    Prawns fried with garlic, ginger and chilli
    Yellow and green capsicum, zucchini, avocado and spring onion salad with sesame seeds, and dressing made from vinegar and garlic chilli sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white vinegar and sesame oil
    Piece baked chicken

Snack
    Decaf coffee with full cream milk

Dinner
    Salmon, bbq-ed
    Boiled carrot and broccoli
    Baked onion, beetroot and sweet potato coated with paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and grapeseed oil

Dessert
    Fruit salad (apple, pear, orange, strawberry) with Greek yoghurt

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope it goes really well for you. Be careful of worrying too much about the scales. Go by how your feel and how your clothes fit. As you eat and live in a more healthy way, your lean body will be growing (muscles, bones, connective tissue.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

danaa is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    So I'm into week 2 and going really well so far.

I feel good, with more energy and better concentration at work. I am really loving cooking new primal meals and hunting down where to get good produce. I'm also just getting into doing weights really for the first time with the help of my husband, and finding that I really enjoy them!