Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to blast my butt into shape page

CaveMama is offline Member

I need to blast my butt into shape

Primal Fuel
    I have a naturally slender, fit appearance (even though I'm not fit...lucky, I know) except for a flattish, sad butt and poorly toned thighs. There's a video I have that's called Killer Butt by Delores Munoz that is 25 minutes of squats, lunges, plies, kicks and then 20 minutes of some intense floor exercises. I did it yesterday and I nearly died. MY HR was through the roof and I paused the video several times so I could breath and get my HR down. Now I can barely walk.

So, is doing something like this 3 days a week my best bet or is there a better way? Thanks

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    A while back I read on Darya Pino's Google+ feed that she was amazed at the speed in which the kettlebell toned her backside. She said she was inspired to give it a whirl by Tim Ferris's Perfect Posterior post.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    If you are incorporating walking into your routine, go find a hill to walk on - walking up and down hills is great for the thighs and butt - and some light cardio too.

On my street I can walk to the west of my home for flat, and to the east for a nice hillside workout. I live in a coastal community and at the ocean is a long flight of stairs down to the beach that is very popular with locals for a workout with a view. Even the fire department uses them!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I think we need a picture to be able to give accurate advice

CaveMama is offline Member
    Thanks everyone! Kettlebells and hills are a great idea. I am so discouraged by the current state of my tush.

arthur, take my word for it! Maybe I'll do before and afters. I've been eating primal for a few months now, so the rest of me looks pretty decent.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Barbell squats and deadlifts worked very well for me. I'm sure KB swings can work too. Good luck!

Funny thread title...

I like the squats and deadlifts idea.

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    A while back I read on Darya Pino's Google+ feed that she was amazed at the speed in which the kettlebell toned her backside. She said she was inspired to give it a whirl by Tim Ferris's Perfect Posterior post.
    +1 I was amazed at how fast they targetted and improved my glutes, and I had pretty decent ones to start with

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The two excersises that set my glutes on fire are:

-one-legged deadlift with kettlebells
    -Super-Star Bootie Routine on the treadmill: set yourself to a speed you can walk without holding onto anything. Set Incline to 5. Up the incline every minute till get to Incline 15. Walk 15 min on Incline 15. Start climbing down 1 minute at a time. Adjust speed as necessary to keep walking without cheating and holding the handles. It takes 35 min to complete. If gym limits time to 30 min, climb down to 10 and then stretch a little
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RumbleRo is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Barbell squats and deadlifts worked very well for me. I'm sure KB swings can work too. Good luck!
    /thread, question answered!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast