Thread: My holiday experience page

JamieBelle is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I have willingly eaten more sugars and grains in the past 10 days than I have in the last 6 months. My husband and I toured Napa and Sonoma Valleys on vacation, and now I'm doing late holiday celebrations with my family. I decided beforehand that while I would not make an effort to "cheat", I would also not make an effort not to cheat. I plan 100% on going back to primal eating starting the 31st when my travels are over, and I've had a day here and there where I've limited myself to fat and protein.

Thankfully, I haven't gained a pound, which I contribute to an overall higher metabolism I've gained in the last 6 months.

BUT...I can honestly say that this food affects me differently now. After eating a pasta dish with bread one night in Napa, I was sick the entire next day with gastro issues. In fact, I pretty much felt like crap the entire vacation. Last night my dad made lasagna from scratch, and it was amazing, but all night I tossed and turned with a belly ache.

So, yeah. I can definitely see how this food affects me. I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal eating habits in a few days!!

jrherring is offline Senior Member

I get the same feelings when I load up on carbs. Saturday night was the worst! I had pizza and beer for supper. Don't think I slept much at all!

I'd think I'd learn, eh? But back at the Primal life today!

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Griff is offline Senior Member

I had one rum ball last night. One. It was about the size of a ping-pong ball.

And the arthritis swelling and pain hit less than an hour later. I was in agony for most of the night. Of course, this pretty much gave me permission to have one bite of our wedding cake top from a year ago (last night was our first wedding anniversary) but I had already committed to that. I could have done without the rum ball, however.

Note to self: YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO WHEAT. HERE'S PROOF.

I will never, ever knowingly eat wheat again in my life. It hurts me too much to do so.

Fortunately the pain and swelling is mostly gone today. But I'm not going to play games with my health like that again.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Congratulations Griff on one year! Today is my husband and my 1 year too!

I can definitely notice a difference after not eating any wheat/grains. Breaded anything will give me pains, bread/crust/too much sugar makes my sinuses stuffy.