Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here goes everything.. page

Greggers069 is offline Member

Here goes everything..

Shop Now
    My name is Greg and I have been doing Primal for about three weeks. I started my weigh in at 330 and my last weigh in was at 316. I have been sticking to the primal rules for the most part, except for a couple of meals.
    My story is somewhat of a confusing story. I never really had a weight problem until I was 29 years old. I was laid off of work in the timber industry where I would burn tons of calories in a work day. After I was laid off I started to drive a semi and gained 70 lbs in about 6 months and I have not been able to take it off.

When I was in high school I used to suffer from depression that lasted until I was 35 years old. I stopped driving big rig and got a job in a retirement home as a maintenance person, while I was working there I was talking to someone who was bipolar and we were discussing my depression problems. Came with mood swings and it was destroying my marriage and overall life. I had no self confidence and hated living. An old woman asked for my help in her apt, while I was in her apartment she talked to me about hypoglycemia and told me my moods could be cured by changing my diet. I was very doubtful it would work, but I took her challenge and started eating less carbs and more protein in the formula she suggested. My depression was gone. I was so exited the fog was lifted and my mood swings were gone.

Since then I have been trying to find a diet that did not affect my blood sugar, this has been great. I had been losing weight and my moods and blood sugar are doing just fine. I do not have to eat every 2 1\2 hours and i feel great. I have to have knee surgery in the next few months and I am trying to find exercises that does not hurt my knee. Tried kettle-bells, but my lower back in not ready for those swings. So I am taking it slowly and going to do calisthenics and cycle slowly until my knee is better.. Wish me luck.. I am not used to using journals at all..

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad you are finding things that work for you. Its a great feeling when things are going well

Have you tried swimming? My dad has a bad hip and loves to cycle so thats good too. You can always do pushups/pullups/bodyweight exercises too.

Best of luck.

After my back isn't so sore I was going to implement some body weight exercises..

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Greg. I have had bipolar issues all my life. They had kind of burned out by the time I found Primal, but it has helped me get my head clear.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

It's amazing what eating the right kind of food can do for someone and their moods..

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggers069 View Post
    It's amazing what eating the right kind of food can do for someone and their moods..
    Your Brain On Ketones | Psychology Today
    How to Lower Your Blood Sugar

Well last night was my 17 yr olds birthday and I cheated a little bit. Had some mexican chicken casserol and a beer.. Not to bad, but bad enough.. Going right back to the primal way this morning with a couple of fried eggs and a banana.. Only fruit I have left.. time to go shopping..lol

had a good day yesterday. My energy level was good and my moods reflected it. Kinda sucks I cannot really workout very much due to a knee injury and I am awaiting surgery. I do what I can. I walked around an hour today, knee was sore, but it was a good walk otherwise. Watched an interesting movie this morning called fathead on netflix, pretty stating what I already knew about how sugar and processed carbs is what's making America fat, not animal fats. It was good and entertaining.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Keep at it Greg. Don't worry too much about your knee and not being able to exercise right now. Get the surgery done, rest and rehabilitate and THEN worry about exercising. You are feeding your body the proper fuels and it is repairing itself. Once you are able to exercise again, you will hit it on all cylinders and have a whole new outlook, yet again.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Your right I will take it easy on my leg and be more patient. Just work on the basic diet and I already designed my workouts for when I do become active again..

Today was an alright day, I seemed to have gained a couple of lbs, so I fasted this morning and had a couple of eggs for breakfast, steak with shrimp with California mix veggies (broc, cauliflower, and carrots) for lunch and dinner I had some canned chicken mixed with some mayo. Not the whole can it was left over from a few days before. I am hoping to be able to go into ketosis to jump start my weight loss again and hopefully drops a few pounds in the next week. My blood sugar is sure and steady, which makes this system well worth the change in diet..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast