Thread: the obligatory backstory page

kathrynk is offline Junior Member

the obligatory backstory

Primal Fuel
    Hello All,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm 24 (almost 25) and have been struggling with a carb addiction my whole life. This has led to such lovely things as PCOS, acne, chronic joint pain, and of all of THAT, the biggest bane of my existence from all of this has been my oh-so-attractive bread gut. I had been pretty active in high school and the beginning of college, but recently have found myself very sedentary. So I'm basically trying to re-vamp both aspects of my health. I was rock solid for a WHOLE WEEK, until last night I broke over a piece of pizza.

But some general stats about me:

5 ft 7
    140 pounds
    Carry most of my extra weight in my stomach

I don't care too much about the number on the scale, because I've noticed that I can fluctuate between 130 and 160 and still wear the same clothes, so I am a reformed scale junkie. I'm basically looking to help myself live my life to its highest potential. So any advice, tips, anything and everything, I will welcome.

Thanks!

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    Greetings, Kathryn, and welcome! I, too, am a newbie, and have been primal going on two weeks. My story can be found in the today's earlier thread, 'Greetings from Alabama', so I won't bore you with my story here.

I hear ya about pizza! My wife (the health nut in the family for years) was craving pizza this week, so I ordered two mediums from Domino's. But I ordered ingredients that I considered primal, including sausage, feta cheese, peppers, mushrooms ... Well, you get the idea. But I compromised ... I scraped the toppings away from the crust on three pieces, and ate those. I felt quite satiated, and was pleased that I had avoided the bread/flour/grIn crust. Ideal meal? No. But I think I comfortably fell within the 80% rule. :-)

Again, welcome!

Bobby

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Kathryn:-) There are some GREAT pizza recipes on the site, as well as "MEATZA"(will cure you of those pizza cravings)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Kathryn. Ditching the scales is a good move.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

js290 is offline Senior Member

kathrynk is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone! Bama I hope you didn't feel as horrible the day after your pizza as I did. My fingers were stiff and swollen from all the salt! SoccerGrok thanks for the recipe heads up! Do you play? I'm getting back in the habit here in a couple weeks with a coed indoor team. Really loving all of this so far!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    I do play still. Over 40 mens team. I also Coach 2 teams, a U12 and U17 Girls team, as well as run an indoor soccer facility. Going Primal will make playing so much more enjoyable:-) Glad to hear you are starting again. Grok On!

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Definitely try the Meatzza....it is amazing! And with the right toppings, it cures those pizza cravings!