Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laura's Lean Beef page

Dan208 is offline Senior Member

Laura's Lean Beef

Does anyone have opinions on Laura's Lean Beef?
    At Laura's Lean Beef, | Laura's Lean Beef
    We had some ground beef the other night in spaghetti (had some pasta we needed to get out of the house) and it tasted better than any ground beef I've ever had before. Both my wife and I were picking the chunks of beef out of the pan while putting the leftovers in containers.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i've never seen it in stores, but my inner hippie likes the looks of it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Cal. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan208 View Post
    Does anyone have opinions on Laura's Lean Beef?
    From the punchline on their home page:

"AT LAURA'S LEAN BEEF, we believe smarter eating shouldn’t keep you from enjoying the foods you love. That’s why our beef is raised without antibiotics or hormones, on a vegetarian diet … and it’s naturally lower in fat."

I read green as excellent, and red as grain fed .

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I have used it and do like it, but as Cal. said it is probably grain fed. Better than your run of the mill grocery store beef, but not any better in the fat profile (which is negligible anyway).
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Yeah, I figured it's better than the conventionally produced stuff anyway.

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    I have used in a pinch as well. Not grass fed but not CAFO either.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    I eat it regularly. It's more along the lines of cube steak in taste. I cook it, chop it up, add a tablespoon of EVO per burger and season to my liking. When I first tried them it brought back lots of good memories eating my polish grandma's cube steaks. It's marketed at the low fat crowd. Grilled, I'd rather eat cardboard. It needs "help" .. In a sauce, in a salad, in a soup, in a stew. I had some today smothered in home grown tomatoes, some EVO, red wine vinegar, and Italian seasoning.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 08-26-2011 at 06:21 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i read the 'our policy' or whatever, they graze their cows on naturally growing grass and grains. they said. who knows
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    We buy ground, grass-fed bison instead. We buy it from a local butcher shop. Yum!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    We buy ground, grass-fed bison instead. We buy it from a local butcher shop. Yum!
    There's a local bison farmer here and I can get ground bison for less than the "good" ground beef at the supermarket. The only problem is my wife doesn't like bison meat. However, we've got a large freezer being delivered in less than a month, and I will be buying bison meat for myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast