Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you really eating? page

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

So I see alot of successful PBers in here saying they eat whatever they want & as much and they dont worry about calories etc. But I know that can mean alot of different things! Like, do you eat whatever you want (within reason) or do you eat whatever, but in Zone proportions? I struggle with feeling that I shouldn't eat more than 4oz of meat in a sitting. Right? Wrong?

I ask b/c i find that its getting easier and easier to eat more butter & coconut oil on my meat and its been getting harder for me to get satiated or full. I finish a meal and then find myself feeling a little rumbly about an hour later...even if my meal was all meat & fat. While this eating style should be really easy to figure out I sometimes get nervous about how much I'm eating (the conventional wisdom is fighting me here).

So I was wondering if some of you successful folks (including women b/c I am) would mind posting an example of what you'd eat in a day? I'm just really curious!

Thank you!!!!

DepRatlAnimal Guest

Just an example... Usu. breaks down to 1500-1800 calories, 30-60 g. carbs, at least 65g protein, 100+g fat...

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with spinach, cooked in 1 t. CO, with 2 T. sunflower seed butter - cream in coffee

Lunch: Romaine Lettuce (maybe 3 c.?), tomato, maybe a little carrot or mushroom or bell pepper or avocado... 2 T. healthy dressing, 1/3 c. shredded chicken

Snack: cream in coffee (decaf), 12-18 almonds

Dinner: 4 oz. ground turkey with 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce (no added sugar, preservatives, etc.) poured over steamed broccoli (maybe 2 c.), plus 1 T. CO

Dessert: small glass of wine OR small serving of dark chocolate

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

aside from being pregnant and not wanting to eat anything because everything sounds disgusting to me...

NORMALLY I eat "whatever I want." A normal day would be like:

Breakfast: None, or a couple eggs with or without some homemade sausage or a couple strips of bacon. (Cook the eggs in butter or bacon grease).

Or sauteed veggies (leftover from dinner?) with some soy sauce, with eggs scrambled into them. It tastes kinda like fried rice without the rice. Awesome.

Lunch: If I didn't eat breakfast, I might have the above breakfast foods. If I did eat breakfast, maybe I'd make a salad with chicken/hard boiled eggs/whatever, with lots of EVOO and either lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. Or I'd eat leftovers from dinner, whatever it was.

Dinner: I try to do a meat+veg each night (again, not lately since no food sounds good and I'm too tired to cook). Chicken thighs + zucchini, or steak + asparagus, or taco salad - seasoned ground beef + lettuce/salsa/olives/cheese/sour cream.... that's all pretty typical.

I tend to eat bigger pieces of meat, like... an 8oz steak in one sitting, or 2 chicken thighs. Or a big tuna steak or salmon fillet. I don't worry about it.

I also don't measure the fats I use in cooking/dressings anymore (I did when I was trying to "track" and lose weight).

I don't ration veggies either, although if the meat is really yummy I'm likely to make sure I finish it (hehe) and then have fewer veggies.

I rarely snack. I rarely eat fruit (except now) other than maybe one piece of fruit (apple/orange/pear/banana) OR a handful of berries in a day. Not a huge nut eater - I like them but I don't gorge.

I'm 25, 5'6", and normally 130 pounds (124 right now due to pregnancy nausea!). Hope that helps!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

also when i make veggies, they are typically doused in fat too. Steamed broccoli tossed with lots of melted butter, or asparagus wrapped in bacon and roasted, or zucchini sauteed in CO or bacon grease...

EASILY 70% of my daily calories come from fat on a typical day, and depending on how hungry i am and if I skip breakfast and/or lunch, I eat between 1600-3000 calories a day. Usually closer to 1600-2000 but there are some heavier days, along with a few lighter days maybe around 800 or less if I'm totally not hungry.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

FNW lol, i love that your calorie range is so huge! Congratulations btw on your pregnancy!

You said you dont measure fats after you stopped trying to lose weight; do you use more now or less?

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I tracked my macronutrients for a week & it was similar to FNW's - about 60 - 70% fat, about 10% carbs & the balance was protien - and calorie count was similar: 1500 - 1800 calories per day. I generally don't bother to track stuff, but I do listen to my body and stop eating when I'm almost full. I find this much easier after going primal. And I have been steadily loosing weight with no problem.

Here's a typical day: breakfast 2 eggs, fried or scrambled, with bacon, sausage or veg & coffee w/ cream; lunch, if I eat it, is usually leftover supper or a salad with veggies, meat & cheese - no skimping on the olive oil & balsamic vinegarette. Dinner is usually meat/fish plus a veg or two. I have one afternoon coffee with cream, too. I usually don't snack, unless I skip lunch, them I'll have a little something (handfull of nuts & chesse, 2 tbs almond butter, some cut up raw veggies) around 4 p.m. (I eat between 6 and 7 p.m.). I'm rarely hungry.

DepRatlAnimal Guest

Yes, my percentages look like FNW's, too. Thought I should add, FWIW - I'm 5'6," female, 142 lbs, losing fat and gaining muscle at a decent pace... I do generally feel satisfied, and when I don't, it's almost always b/c I haven't eaten enough fat yet that day.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I don't track, measure or limit healthy foods. I'm losing weight and healthier than ever. I definitely eat more than 4oz of meat in a meal! lol

I usually only eat 1 or 2 meals a day, but eat till I'm full.

Example meal:

Today breakfast/lunch, 2:00pm:

Pkg of bacon, cooked with 3 cloves of garlic minced, dipped in dijon mustard, two handfuls of cold shrimp, some salami, and a bite of dark chocolate with half a mandarin orange. And a glass of milk.

I'm very full, happy and may not eat again till tomorrow. If I get hungry tonight, I will partake in the steak stirfry I'm planning on making for the family.

I don't do portions for proteins and fats anymore. I really try to limit my sugar intake (including fruit).

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I'm another who pretty much eats what I want. It usually looks like this, though I increasingly find myself dropping down to just 2 meals a day, or 2 meals and a snack:

Breakfast -- Salad comprised of 3+ cups spinach, Granny Smith apple, 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts & pecans, 2 Tbs olive oil & 1 Tbs lemon juice & salt & pepper for dressing

Lunch -- 1 or 2 hardboiled eggs, a few olives or crudites, and a few ounces of smoked wild salmon or a tin of kippered herring (Or dinner leftovers.)

Dinner -- 8 oz steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions & steamed asparagus, OR a chicken breast sauteed in butter, OR primal chili (no beans), OR a hamburger with the trimmings but no bun, OR meaty marinara with spaghetti squash, OR a veggie and chicken stir fry, OR...

Snacks -- I don't snack much, but I often drink tea with coconut milk. Sometimes I have a handful of almonds. A couple times a week, I have a bit of dark chocolate and/or some whiskey or wine for dessert.

It all tends to work out to 90-120g protein, 150-170g fat, and 75-100g carbs per day. Calories (with which I generally don't concern myself) run 1800-2250.

(I'm female, 5'3", 118 lbs, very lean and well-muscled. I'm not trying to lose or gain weight, but I am interested in continued strength building & metabolic conditioning. I work out hard and often, and I get a lot of "moving slowly" because I live on a horse farm.)

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast