Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Israel page

Lior is offline Junior Member

Greetings from Israel

Shop Now
    Anyone else from Israel on this forum??

I have to thank my Ipad for introducing me to this site. Incredible wealth of information which Im excited to explore.

Ive been on a "Primal" type diet for almost a year now. I've managed to find an eating routine that lets me eat almost carb free. Strictly raw veggies, soft boiled eggs (I try to eat them as raw as possible), a lot of coconut and avocado oil, meat of course and I throw in raw dairy when I can. Cottage cheese on my workout days. I try to avoid dairy, but the protein and fat and low carb combo of cottage cheese is hard to resist for a lifter.
    Here in Israel we have raw camel milk which has been getting a bit of press lately due to its health benefits over regular milk. We also have a huge selection of goat dairy here as well (pasteurized though)

I have to say the biggest improvement since I started this type of diet has been my skin. I've been battling eczema for years now and the only thing that's ever helped has been cortisone. Ive tried many natural and organic remedies that have done nothing. Ive been on diets for months at a time eliminating meat, dairy and so on to try and pin point a food allergy that might be the perpetrator.

In the winters (I used to live in Toronto), my eczema flares up. But since I started on this diet this past winter, incredibly my eczema has literally not flared up once. I was cortisone free all winter and I have to assume that a combination of the increased fat intake and the carb free eating is the reason.

Has anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Well glad to be aboard.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    welcome from across the globe! i've spent serious time in israel, lived in jordan & the UAE too, and i'm soooo happy to hear you mention camel milk. our dairy lobby in the USA works hard to stop the import of camel milk, which sucks. for people with lactose intolerance it's the best option. tastes good too i miss it!

sauerKraut is offline Member
    daaamn I could never be primal in Israel, I'd be eating falafel & hummus all the time!

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Lior...

Im in israel, and keeping Primal. Its been a challenge, as I am studying here, and have limited resources, but all in all it is paying off well. Where are you situated?

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Lior is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty1 View Post
    Hey Lior...

Im in israel, and keeping Primal. Its been a challenge, as I am studying here, and have limited resources, but all in all it is paying off well. Where are you situated?

-Shifty
    Most of the time I'm in Netanya.
    I dont think being Primal is too difficult here, especially since meat is in just about every meal. I'm just trying to get a hold of some raw dairy. Would you happen to know of any farms or Kibbutz/Moshav's that have any?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Israeli girls are beautiful, send me one!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome

I think I would struggle a little but being primal overthere... I like to many non kosher cuts of meat lol

Not that I know of. Im stuck in school, and in the heart of Jerusalem.
    If you do find one, please let me know.

Netanya is a great place. I liked it when I visited!

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Welcome. Israeli girls are beautiful, send me one!
    Me too... Send one to me!

-Shifty

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Not from Israel, but I did meet a super hottie named Lior last time I was in Tel Aviv....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast