Thread: How would I make this store bought trial mix bar myself? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

How would I make this store bought trial mix bar myself?

Primal Fuel
    I saw this at the store and was curious how hard it would be to make my own:

Mariani Trail Mix HoneyBar | Pure & Simple! That's what our HoneyBars are all about. Nothing artificial, just all natural ingredients bound together with a touch of honey. Our Trail Mix HoneyBar features peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds and

I have plenty of raw nuts and seeds so would it be just as simple as mixing it all together with honey and baking it or something? How does only that hold it together?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I have plenty of raw nuts and seeds so would it be just as simple as mixing it all together with honey and baking it or something? How does only that hold it together?
    I don't think you would bake them. Seems like that would just make a mess. But I don't know. Maybe Google.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Mark has given two primal recipes for energy bars:

Make Energy Bars - Low-Carb DIY Recipes | Mark's Daily Apple
    Primal Energy Bar Redux: Making a Better Bar | Mark's Daily Apple

I've made the first one and it was easy and delicious. No baking involved. The bar is held together by coconut oil and almond butter under refrigeration.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    Mark has given two primal recipes for energy bars:

Make Energy Bars - Low-Carb DIY Recipes | Mark's Daily Apple
    Primal Energy Bar Redux: Making a Better Bar | Mark's Daily Apple

I've made the first one and it was easy and delicious. No baking involved. The bar is held together by coconut oil and almond butter under refrigeration.
    I've tried both of those and the first 1 didn't hold up after being out of the fridge for a bit and the second one lasted longer out of the fridge but still ended up falling apart into so many crumbles. How do they get these bars to stay together not refrigerated with just honey?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I've tried both of those and the first 1 didn't hold up after being out of the fridge for a bit and the second one lasted longer out of the fridge but still ended up falling apart into so many crumbles. How do they get these bars to stay together not refrigerated with just honey?
    Yeah, after a few hours out of the fridge, it doesn't hold together. I guess it's too warm now for the coconut oil to stay solid. But oh my, did it ever taste good.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Here's mine...You can adjust to your own liking.

SUPER MUFFINS

Ingredients:

3 cups of nuts (mixture of whatever you like, or have access to)
    1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
    1 cup pitted dates, or even dried pineapple or mango(these both have lower sugar than the dates)
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    Juice from 1 lemon
    1-2 tbsp lemon zest
    1/2 cup coconut flakes
    1-2 tbsp ginger(chopped or grated)
    1/3 cup almond flour
    2 eggs
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup molasses(i prefer using almond butter)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp ground Nutmeg
    I also like to add dark chocolate chips...Added bonus:-)
    Preheat oven to 325. Grease muffin pan(i use coconut oil for this). If you don't have a muffin pan, you can use a cookie sheet and just make a flat sheet and cut into squares when cooled.

Mix nuts/dates(or mango, pineapple) in a food processor, or blender if you don't have a processor. Chop until the mixture is chopped, but not too fine. Pour into a bowl, then add the other ingredients and mix well. This usually makes about 10-12 muffins. Scoop into tray, and bake until tops are brown(about 20-25 minutes). Let cool, eat and enjoy.