Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curing Hypothyroidism page 3

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by UpErMei View Post
    Okay Otzi, I will def look into this!

I actually ferment my own kefir, so the probiotic part shouldn't be too hard.

TY, I sincerely appreciate it!
    Just read this article, you may like it!

The digestive tract and the brain are crucially linked, according to mounting evidence showing that diet and gut bacteria are able to influence our behavior, thoughts and mood. Now researchers have found evidence of bacterial translocation, or “leaky gut,” among people with depression.

Is the lactic acid from fermented foods a problem with regard to thyroid? I generally like yogurt, kimchi, kefir, etc., though I was recently reading Ray Peat and some of his "followers" perspectives on thyroid, and there's some concern that it might be a bit of a problem for the liver, so that it may effect T4/T3 conversion. I've still been eating yogurt (even if it's "bad," I just like it too much), though a bit less than I used to. I did stop drinking kefir though.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChokingGame View Post
    Is the lactic acid from fermented foods a problem with regard to thyroid? I generally like yogurt, kimchi, kefir, etc., though I was recently reading Ray Peat and some of his "followers" perspectives on thyroid, and there's some concern that it might be a bit of a problem for the liver, so that it may effect T4/T3 conversion. I've still been eating yogurt (even if it's "bad," I just like it too much), though a bit less than I used to. I did stop drinking kefir though.
    I may not be an expert like Ray Peat, but I cannot see any scenario where fermented foods would be bad, unless maybe that's all you ate. Daily or near-daily servings of fermented foods should be eaten by everyone. Kefir by the gallon, maybe not so great, but a glass of kefir and/or a daily yogurt is very good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123