Thread: Hello! page

Delmar is offline Junior Member

Hello!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, my name is John.

I have been on the mailing list for this site for a couple of months now and have finally gotten around to signing up for the forms.

I work at a desk job, so I do not move around all that much during the day. I am currently severly overweight and I have looked into many different weight loss programs. I stumbled across this website one day after comming across information on the way primitive man ate. It was amazing, I had figured that what they ate was natural and they were in shape, I should be able to apply a similar concept to myself. This plethora of information on this site has helped guide me in the right direction.

At this point I have been swinging myself towards eating more primal. It is a bit tough because noone else in my household is doing this, they still eat processed foods, grains etc... Also, I have an issue with alcohol, drink way more than I need. Cutting this out will help me greatly in meeting my goals.

Anyways, I wanted to say hello and thank Mark for the wonderful blog and thank you all for being here as well.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I live with two non-primals. It can be done, you just have to want it bad enough.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome John! Primal can help you get rid of that weight. I hope it goes well for you.

Be sure to get up at least once an hour and move around a bit.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome John...Hedonist is right about getting up and moving every hour or so. Every little bit helps...Check out this forum for alcohol reduction:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28185.html

Grok On!