Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I do tabata sprints everyday? page

ar0e is offline Member

Can I do tabata sprints everyday?

Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to lose weight and want to know if it's ok to do a 4 minute tabata sprint session everyday? I'm doing the PB body weight exercises for my strength training about 3 days a week and yoga for 2 hours a week.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    if you are able to do them everyday you are probably doing them wrong

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest NO. I have a short window in the off season when I reccomend my clients do 2X to 3X a week to burn fat on a stationary trainer using a modified tabata protocol. The other days they are swimming and Lifting or recovering. Like Mike Said, they pretty much shell you if you do them correctly. The actual protocol states that the work sets are at 170% vo2 Max power output (something most people can't maintain for very long without pulking their guts out)

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't. I do them once a week. The rest of the time I focus on strength and walking at a brisk pace. The weight is coming off too.

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    if you are able to do them everyday you are probably doing them wrong
    What's the right way? I ran as fast as I could for 20 seconds, then walked for 10 seconds, I repeated this 8 times. I definitely felt it, I was exhausted afterward and I halfway through I thought I was gonna die. I did them before breakfast, so I was in a fasted state. Is this wrong?

Sounds like you did them right, that's how do mine. I do mine on a treadmill, find i have to put the speed up really high to push myself to the very limit. I do mine at night, helps you burn fat of your overall fat storage if you do it after you're done eating.

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Sounds like you did them right, that's how do mine. I do mine on a treadmill, find i have to put the speed up really high to push myself to the very limit. I do mine at night, helps you burn fat of your overall fat storage if you do it after you're done eating.
    Thanks for your help , but now I confused, I thought it was better to do them on an empty stomach?

Not if you follow the Leptin-protocol like I do. I just stick to Dr Kruse's advice, it's done far more for my fat loss and hormones than if I stuck to normal primal. Eg skipping breakfast would really screw me up but I can easily skip dinner. So I do all my exercise after 6 pm.

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Not if you follow the Leptin-protocol like I do. I just stick to Dr Kruse's advice, it's done far more for my fat loss and hormones than if I stuck to normal primal. Eg skipping breakfast would really screw me up but I can easily skip dinner. So I do all my exercise after 6 pm.
    I checked out his site, I think I was leptin resistant when I began PB in June, but I'm not sure if I still am, as I never have carb cravings anymore and my clothes are looser (both signs of regained leptin sensitivity as stated on his site). So, you have lost 30 pounds since June using his methods? Congrats, that is amazing!!! Is there anyway you can tell me exactly what your eating and workout plan is? It is obviously working wonders for you and I want to try it

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I think Mike was suggesting that if you can do them everyday then (although you'll feel like they're still hard work) your performance will decrease over time due to overtraining/pacing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast