Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heavy cream page

saarx1 is offline Senior Member

heavy cream

Primal Fuel
    hi guys.
    tomorrow is the shopping day and i kinda want somthing tasty to get.
    i saw some people here talking about heavy cream and i wanted to know if its ok.
    i looked it up on the net and saw it had very little amount of carbs in it which is good.
    i also saw that in a can that has 250ml of it, there was almost 100g of fats and like 900 calories and i wanted to know if its ok if il eat a full can tomorrow or is it too much at once, i know fat is good for you but getting 100g of fat and 900 calories just from a "snack", that seems a bit too much.
    i would love to hear some opinions

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    If you can do dairy, heavy cream is fine. Make sure you're getting just cream, though. Look at the ingredients, some brands add some nasty things. It's not the kind of thing you'd want to eat a whole carton of at once. I use it in coffee and over berries and a pint lasts for a good week or more, even if I have some every day. I've never seen in it a can, or do you mean coconut milk?
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I use heavy cream in my tea (I drink several cups a day). I usually go through 400-500ml a week. It has not slowed down my weight loss. It is not something to eat by itself, but it is good to add to berries or a hot drink or perhaps a sauce for dinner with a leaner cut of meat.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I doubt you would be able to stomach that full amount at once. That's a full day's intake of fat in one go. Even if you could get and keep it down, I don't think I'd recommend it. Moderation is a good thing to learn.

Heavy cream is good for coffee, mixing with berries, and making creamy sauces. It's not typically drank straight out of the container.

i thought of making a whipped cream out of it, maybe eating it with some fruits, sound like somtihng i could very well eat a hell alot of lol.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saarx1 View Post
    i thought of making a whipped cream out of it, maybe eating it with some fruits, sound like somtihng i could very well eat a hell alot of lol.
    Probably less than you think, because fat is so satiating, and if you whipped the whole can, that's going to be A LOT of whipped cream. Hope you have a really big mixing bowl if you're going to try that. Where are you seeing cream in a can though? I've only seen it in cartons. I'm okay with dairy, but the carageenen in just about every brand of cream sends my stomach into fits.

i meant cartons lol.
    maybe get soem strawberries and some otherr berries. i hope it will be tasty.
    but anyway heavy cream is a good thing to have in your home isnt it? incase i have crave for some sweet.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saarx1 View Post
    When I make mousse for company, I whip one cup of heavy cream and it yields enough mousse to fill 4 large martini glasses with still a bit left over... by the time I am scraping the bottom of one martini glass I am very full. You will probably not be plowing through a whole pint in one go.

davem is offline Senior Member
    I hope the OP isn't trying to lose weight on the pint o cream per day diet.

::facepalm::
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    I always have some around. I make ice cream for the kiddos with it pretty often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast