Thread: Hi there page

jeroendewit is offline Junior Member

Hi there

My name is Jeroen, I live in Amsterdam the Netherlands. I am a 39 year old male. I am married and have three kids, two daughters 12 and 6 and a 2 year old son.

I have been lurking around this forum and MDA for quite some time now, sucking up as much information as possible. I also love reading the success stories and thought it was time to introduce myself.

It all started a couple of months ago when I was looking for ways of improving my life and health. I was overweight, moody, without energy, stressed (if not depressed) and I have been suffering from killer migraines since I was 16 years old and they where becoming more and more frequent. Used to like to go to the gym, but lost all motivation as results where not showing.

I wanted to prevent a full blown mid-life crisis and needed a change, starting with myself. I knew that a diet was going to work, as my wife tried several. I needed something I could live by.

After using my good old friend Google, I came across the Paleo Diet from Dr. Loren Cordain, I bought the book and it made so much sense, I immediately incorperated this way of eating. Ditched all sugar, grains and processed food. A couple of days later I stumbled upon MDA. I cannot recall how I reached the site, but I could not stop going through all the information.

I subscribed to the newsletter, donwloaded the free ebooks and I bought the PB and read it twice. Now I do not only eat primal for 90%, but try to live it as much as possible too. I excercise two times in the gym, not that it is necessary, but I already have a subscription for a year. Currently I am at level 2/3 for most excercises, so I am not ready yet for the WOW's. I walk as much as possible and try to play outside with the kids when I can. We love to go to the beach, but were not able to go as we have had one of the worst summers in a 100 years, so that is a bummer.

My wife joined me a couple a weeks ago, she Is still a bit skeptic, because as I said she tried several diets that worked for while. I am not going to force her to give up anything, she loves her popcorn, rice and pasta and occasional french baguette. She is very supportive and eats and lives primal as much as possible.

I have been living Primal since half of July and I can truly say it is one of the best decisions I have made in a long, long time. (Beside marrynig my wife and having three wonderful kids).

I am 6 feet 53 inches and in July my weigth was 221 Lbs. Most of the overweight is/was in the abdominal area. My body fat was around 26%

Now two months later I weigh a little over 207 Lbs with 21% body fat. I feel so much better,I have heaps of energy and enjoy my new workout schedules, which I do fasted. My headaches have almost completely dissapeared. The only reason I know get a headache is because I do not get enough sleep. I think at the moment that is the hardest part of going Primal for me, going to bed in time.

I do not drink any milk, but that is something I already did for years. Cow milk is for calves is my credo.

I drink 1 cup of coffee per day and I like a cup of tea with honey in the evening. My favorite primal food is fish and eggs (cooked, baked, fried or boiled).

The primal way of lining has brought me nothing but good things, there are no down sides in my opinion.

I already know that I will never go back to my old habits, I know it is a strong thing to say, but it all feels so darn good.

In september I want to start with sprinting and preferably in my Vibrams. Plenty of online shops, but no store nearby alas.

With regards,

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroendewit; 08-25-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: forgot something

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Gratz!

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, I've been lurking also.

Kathy

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome...It's wonderful thing this Primal life:-)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome Jeroen! Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start! Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.