Thread: Just saying hello =) page

natty is offline Junior Member

Just saying hello =)

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm Natalie from the UK.

Juts having a few teething issues with my weight and wondered if anyone could shed any light:

I've been dieting (slimming world) and exercising religiously now for 3 weeks.
    I spend 1-2 hours in the gym 5 or 6 days a week and can burn anything from 400-700 calories.

And yet in that 3 weeks, i have GAINED 3lbs.

I feel very disheartened and "what's the point?" thinking.
    Before this diet I ate chinese once a week, rarely did exercise and ate out a couple of times a week where I would usually have fries and/or some other fatty food, and I never gained weight, I maintained.

So why now, after I'm working so hard to LOSE weight am I gaining it?? =(

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Ask yourself this? Am I working too hard? Have you checked out the e fitness book? Up the fats(good ones). Coconut oil, butter, meats, avacado, etc...eat your veggies(green mostly)Lots of good food round these parts. Most of all, be positive and don't worry about the weight. Slow down and have fun, play:-) Grok On!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natty View Post
    Hi, I'm Natalie from the UK.

Juts having a few teething issues with my weight and wondered if anyone could shed any light:

I've been dieting (slimming world) and exercising religiously now for 3 weeks.
    I spend 1-2 hours in the gym 5 or 6 days a week and can burn anything from 400-700 calories.

And yet in that 3 weeks, i have GAINED 3lbs.

I feel very disheartened and "what's the point?" thinking.
    Before this diet I ate chinese once a week, rarely did exercise and ate out a couple of times a week where I would usually have fries and/or some other fatty food, and I never gained weight, I maintained.

So why now, after I'm working so hard to LOSE weight am I gaining it?? =(
    Welcome Natalie!

It is not a diet, especially not a quick weight loss one. Some people do lose a lot at first, some don't. Hide your scales and don't get them out for a month.

You need fatty foods. Are you trying to avoid them? Eating out a couple times a week and having Chinese once are not bad if you try to make good choices.

IMHO you are exercising too much. Your body only gets healthier between workouts. You CANNOT lose weight by exercise, or if you do, you will be over-training and damaging your body. REST IS AS IMPORTANT AS EXERCISE. And food is way more important than both.

If you tell us what you are eating, people will offer suggestions.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.