Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Horror Stories page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Share yours!

I just got back from a dinner at my mom's boyfriend's house... first thing on the plate was a bowl of tasteless pasta. I wanted to die already... Then I ate two lobster tails which were the only good thing there. Then a bunch of fried seafood... I don't even want to know what oils they used... then I binged on chestnuts thinking they were the safest thing to eat there, only to find out later that they're freaking full of carbs! UGH!!!

And you know what? I didn't want to be picky. I was actually planning on "cheating" today, but those "cheat" foods were so damned unsatisfying to me that it just wasn't worth it. At least my calories were below maintenance today, as that was my only meal... but so is my protein/fat intake. I never missed my own food so much as today. From now on I consider my home-cooked stuff top quality. Seriously.

Merry Christmas and safe dining...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

What a weird and scary menu. What was for dessert, frozen jello balls?

At least you escaped without too much injury. Merry Chestnuts er Merry Christmas!

PrimalMike is offline Junior Member

My mom made a recipe which would have shockingly been almost completely primal, except for one thing...

"Did you use REAL mayonnaise or miracle whip light?"

Oh well, at least she tried. It&#39;s funny how some people already have it in their head that they WANT to be healthy, they THINK they are making the smart choices, yet they&#39;re just misinformed about what&#39;s really healthy and what&#39;s not.

Damn soybean oil or whatever mess is in that Miracle Whip.

Pass me more wine.

Merry Christmas!

semper ad meliora

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Pasta, lobster tails and chestnuts? That is a strange meal!

I&#39;m the fixer of food, so no complaints allowed. Turkey, ham, and a wide variety of veggies and fruits.

...and, I admit it; cookies!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

The chestnuts were part of the dessert course which was a bunch of pastries, pies and chocolate... so naturally they seemed like the safest thing to eat, at least to "look busy"...

I hope the gym&#39;s open today I doubt I&#39;ll even have energy though, I feel like crap.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

I choose to "unseal" myself from the usual primal style, totally no bounds type.

the highlights: sans rival cake slices, cane sugar pastillas, chocolate truffles and pure sugar amaretto cookies.

I&#39;m feeling bloated with a whopping ten pounds heavier than 24 hours ago. Heart&#39;s racing, constant gas problem, high blood pressure, I can literally feel my pulse through my feet. Hard to stand-up or do anything cept for watching tv ans sleeping.

Horrible. Seemed like a good idea last night though.

Ah well. Time to hit the reset button!

Griff is offline Senior Member

My parents-in-law try, but... they just don&#39;t get it.

Cabbage rolls -stuffed with white rice. I peeled off the cabbage and ate that and left the rice.

Kielbasa - in sweet-and-sour sauce. I had about five slices and tried to scrape off as much of the sauce as I could.

Sautee&#39;d onions and sour cream, which were intended for the pierogies, I ate by themselves.

Green bean casserole. For some reason, green beans spike me. We&#39;ve never figured out why, but my sugars go up as much from green beans as they do from candy.

Everything else on the table contained either wheat (which made it automatically I Can&#39;t Eat This due to allergy), potatoes (yes, let&#39;s spike my sugars, why not?), or sugar. Or more than one at a time.

And my sugars after that meal were still spiked... probably due to the sweet-and-sour sauce on the sausage.

Not a fun meal.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Ika
    Ika is offline Member

Well, I made our Christmas meal today so it was totally primal (steak, eggs, lettuce, and bacon) mmmm! However, my mom just called and was like "you guys are going to eat when you come over, right? We have corn for you!" (they think corn is a vegtable...) soooo I was like "ummm...sorry...we&#39;re already eating here..." whoops haha!

Plus, I have to work today so I need to feel good! No cheating for me... :P

Hmmm...work does bring up a horror story though! I work at a nursing home, where the residents and families are CONSTANTLY bring in cookies and candy and chocolates around the holidays. Its really hard to say no to some of them becuase they look so sad when you don&#39;t take thier candy (or they practically force you to take 36743867 pieces LOL) so I just pretend to eat it and throw it away when I get back to my medication room. I feel bad wasting food, but what else am I supposed to do to keep everybody happy?! LOl

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

If these food issues are your biggest problems, you don&#39;t know problems......

Keep perspective.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

For my part...I&#39;m just happy I have food to eat today. And my rent check is covered, so I&#39;m a happy girl. Back to basics, Baby!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast