Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holiday Horror Stories page 5

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Christmas was great, tons of family time and it isn't near over yet. My wife's family drags it out, and in a good way.

Biggest train wreck was watching my 14 year old morbidly obese 2nd cousin eat bread, chips, crackers and baked sweets, with a minimum of 3 20oz Pepsis, likely more. Now I see why the average US annual sugar intake is so high. My zero, with my 2nd cousin's 400lbs comes out to 200lb!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I enjoyed whatever I wanted from Christmas Eve through Boxing Day, from frosted cinnamon rolls (my special recipe) to apple pie to a burger with onion rings to beer and wine. I also skipped a few meals because I simply wasn't hungery. I didn't feel sick, didn't bloat, had some awesome strength workouts, and looked leaner than ever in those gym mirrors.

Guilt? None at all. Rarely do I so indulge -- maybe 4x per yer -- and I was pleased by how well my body handled it. Back to the PB now. Feels good.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I think the one thing that has helped the most is finally knowing that the feeling of "oh my god I'm starving to death and about to pass out, feeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeeee" is in fact sugar withdrawal and can safely be ignored....

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

You got that right, NorthernMonkey! One of my favorite things about the PB.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Kristen Guest

I literally just ate the last Christmas cookie!! And Thank God for that!! I had a Christmas party two weeks prior to Christmas, and I'm sad to say that it has been two weeks of cheating. I'm definitely glad that tomorrow is back to normal. LEM, I haven't checked your blog yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that you had a little time to post some of those delicious sounding recipes!! On the topic of relatives harassing you about the choices you make, my mother STILL insists that eating no grains is unrealistic, and just a LITTLE won't hurt!! UGH!! Also, can any other parent who has gone with the baby led weaning approach had to deal with "He's going to choke!!" or "You aren't feeding him ANY pureed foods?" I did manage to silence an entire table of protests of my methods with the "death eye"!! I guess motherhood has given me that at least!! tee hee!! Merry Christmas all!! I hope it was full of good cheer, despite the fare!

syzchan is offline Member

I actually was able to stay away from most of the "bad" stuff for 3 turkey dinners, since most of the deserts were store-bought. But I did have some of the shortbread cookies my sister made...using lots of butter, mmmm. For me, the cheats this week have been all the good Chinese food that I miss out on when I'm away at school at a small city. I been mostly good except for today...Dad had brought home a big container of all the dim sum items I used to love - deep fried sweet and sticky pork dumplings, bbq pork buns, egg tarts. I felt guilty at one point, but then took a nap and went to the gym and ate some more. But tomorrow, I'll be doing the 6-week cure (but only the first 2 weeks) to re-set myself. Plus, I decided to go caffine-free this week and this was my first day so I blame part of the binging on that, lol.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Water weight? Whew! I hope so, that'd be GREAT news!! I hope it leaves soon! But I'll tell you, eating just a few cookies REALLY resets the desire to eat TONS of them.

Cookiecaine get away from me!

jrherring is offline Senior Member

Ok. Anyone else here curious how Mark did during the holidays? lol

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Kryz is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Diet-wise it wasn't too bad, and it helps (?) that I think I'm gluten intolerant.

At my mom's: I was there for a few days. It was very easy to avoid wheat, but she buys into the low-fat-is-good thing so the meals weren't really satisfying. Thinking back on it, I should've snacked on cheese in between meals. One of her christmas gifts to me was a big box full of gluten-free baking mixes. Primal? Not really, but it was really thoughtful of her, and I'll enjoy them.

At my dad's: I was only there for 9 hours or so on Sunday, so just one meal. Shrimp cocktail for a football game snack, but I don't like cold shrimp so I passed on that one, which was fine because I was stuffed by the end of the night. Appetizer: my stepmom made matzo ball soup, but she makes the balls and the soup separately so I just had the soup part (broth + veggies)...it was really good and reminded me that I should make more soup. Dinner: BEEF, green beans with butter, mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls...I avoided the rolls of course. Dessert: there were a lot of things to pick from but I went with some vanilla ice cream with tarragon brandy poured over it.

I haven't told them about PB yet. I don't see them that often and they already have to be mindful of gluten for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345