Thread: Teenage Primal Help page

Gavin is offline Member

Teenage Primal Help

Shop Now
    Hi everyone. I'm 17 years old and am planning on going primal Nov. 14th (after Cross Country season.) I am not overweight and don't need to go through the low calorie stuff. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips on what I can do to gain muscle but within the confines of what my parents can get at the store.
    Thanks! Grok on!!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My 16 year old son is just starting this journey with me. We decided to work on the 5 essential moves that Mark has (he has videos on youtube) What we did is to get a galvanized bar and strong hooks so we can put a chin up bar in the basement, then we got a yoga pad so we can do the push ups and planks on it. and we can use the stairs as a sort of bench.

For food, think real, meat, veggies, fruit.

We have not given up dairy (some primals do, depends on how it affects you) so I make him a cup of coffee with a scoop of protein powder and heavy cream and I make breakfast bars so he can eat them as he walks to school. (I eat eggs and sausage) For lunch I send a protein, some beef jerky, flavored water, some veggies and a small treat (small dark chocolate bar). When he gets home he usually eats a few pieces of bacon for a snack. For dinner a good sized piece of some kind of meat, and a salad.

Also, Mark has given several examples of his menus in his blog.

I am sure with your parents support you will do very well with this. Good Luck!

p.s. I forgot to say, make sure you get enough fat! Coconut oil, Olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, butter, do not skimp on the good fats.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-24-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: edited to add:don't forget fat!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.